Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Deck the Halls With I LOVE Christmas and Family

I will post about Christmas, but I can't move on without some pictures of my time with Mary Ann. My hope is that she will come every single time she ever plans on visiting in-laws in Jackson. And I prefer the whole-week stay to anything shorter! I love that girl and Brie Ann too. Mary Ann, I'm counting on you posting more fun pictures because our coolest ones are on your camera!






















I loved my vacation in Utah so much! Christmas is the best. Some of the highlights:

1) Seeing how excited Isaac was about his gifts.




2) Watching Isaac and Lucy in the family Christmas pageant. Isaac was an enthusiastic Joseph and Lucy was a bewildered baby Jesus.












3) Hanging with the Bowens on Saturday. We went to Dwight's work and ate with him, then got to go to the Children's Museum with Derek and Trish and their kids. That place is pretty cool, especially when it's free. Thanks, Trish! Derek can bring a book next time and have fun with us:).


4) Going to Avatar in 3-D. So awesome! My only real gripe is that the women aren't healthy to look at for those of us who wish we were skinnier... and I didn't need to see mating.
5) Getting naps and runs in.

6) Seeing Santa's reindeer (10 deer--they must have invited a buddy to help them this year) on a run on Christmas Day. It was absolutely magical. I saluted the hardworking crew and felt all warm and fuzzy for the rest of my run.
7) I loved all the games we played! I am the current queen of Egyptian Ratscrew and we had a blast playing Whist and Quiddler as well.
8) I got Marshall the absolute best Christmas present in the world. Man's lingerie--jingle bell style. He will prance around and Shauna will always hear him coming. Oh, that poor girl:). We texted pictures to everyone in the immediate family because they needed to see. And you do too. Merry Christmas!




4 comments:

lindsay said...

All I can say about Marshall and his "lingerie" is Wow! And guess what? I'm COMING FOR THE WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!With no kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to play!

Shauna said...

My question is why wasn't I part of that photo text out? And thank you ever so much Tara for looking out for my best interests,  this might make up for the donut incident … That was a BLAST to have you and Doug in Utah for Christmas. For your next visit you need to work on saying “yes your majesty” to me for when I annihilate you in Rat.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Oh my gosh, Lindsay! I'm so excited!!!! We will play every second that you can!!!!!! Shauna. I need your phone number again, woman!!!

The Qian Family said...

So fun! Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas. I LOVE you, and your blog and am SO glad I can access it again. I have no idea why my ability to do so is sooooo random. Anyway, I have loads of questions for you about your writing and other goals so I think I'm going to email you!!! Happy new year to an amazing woman. Love you!