I loved playing with Mary Ann this week. I'll need to post a picto-blog about our adventures when I get ahold of my computer that has the pictures. But here's what I learned from being with Mary Ann: we had such a blast together and it made me realize that Doug and I have been too caught up in our responsibilities. We need to play and be ridiculous like Mary Ann and I. No more responsibilities. So wish me luck in winning the cruise sponsored by the Gold's Gym Child Care facility. THAT would be a lovely getaway with my sweetheart.
And I'm reporting on some cute child activities of late:
1) Isaac is still not a fully potty-trained individual. While he doesn't have accidents often, he is only proactive about going potty some of the time. We coerce him to go when we just don't want to deal with a mess later on. But he is pooping like a champ in the potty. Thank heavens! No more crib poops for him, and that has been divine. In the last couple days, when pooping hasn't been completely easy for him, he has lifted his fists high up in the air and somehow that has given him the strength to poop. It's hilarious.
2) Isaac is getting really good at his letters and their sounds. We have been borrowing our friend's Leap Frog show about letters, and it has worked magic with our movie-enamored son. Now he can read the letters in books and on my shirts and he knows their sounds. It's really incredible to see how fast he picked this up. We were using flashcards before, and this has been way more effective.
3) Isaac sang with the Primary at our ward Christmas party and in sacrament today. While he isn't a member of the primary yet, the nursery leaders have been bringing three-year-old kids into primary for singing time for the past few weeks, so Isaac knew the songs. I felt so warm and melty as I watched my son sing with the big kids and flash me smiles, knowing I was proud of him.
4) Lucy said her first phrase today. She walked over to me with a book in her hand and said, "Momma, book." She wanted me to read to her, so I did:). Usually, she'll just babble while she brings books to me and climbs into my lap.
5) Isaac went to his first movie, "The Princess and the Frog" with his daddy. Doug said there were a lot of women there with their daughters and very few men with their sons. But Isaac did really well in the theater. He hadn't been to a movie since he was three months old (Sarah Peris, or anyone else, how do I write that sentence correctly?) so we didn't know what to expect. Except for the occasional, "Look, Daddy! There's a frog!" exclamation, he was a model spectator.
6) Isaac helped me make sugar cookies today. I have never made sugar cookies before (!) so my philosophy with Isaac was to try things myself first, (like rolling the dough, cutting out shapes) and then let Isaac join in. He was so dedicated to rolling dough and making the shapes, and I decided we'd had a terrific enough time when that was over--I enlisted Doug to help me sprinkle the cookies after I frosted them and Isaac became our sprinkle test-taster.
Life has been going at break-neck speed. I wasn't planning on going to Utah until Tuesday, but there's supposed to be a lot of snow on Tuesday, so we're moving our trip up to tomorrow afternoon. What do I need to do before we go:
1) Pack for Isaac, Lucy, and myself; 2) do a couple loads of laundry; 3) work out; 4) wrap remaining gifts; 5) Remember to bring drinks for the Christmas party; and 6) SLEEP IN HEAVENLY PEACE! Will I remember to submit some work to the BYU essay contest before the deadline? Who knows?... Merry Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment