Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Lucy Update and the Family Photo Shoot

The Lucy Update: I couldn't wait another day to take her to the doctor (even though we have no insurance--dang it!) so I took Lucy when my mom and sister came into town on Friday afternoon. The doctor said kids don't typically get diagnosed with asthma until they are three years old because it could be a ton of other things affecting breathing before that--particularly as a result of nasty viruses. He looked at Lucy's eyes and said she's got "allergy shiners" and that I have them a little bit too. How nice to have a doctor critique MY personal appearance during a doctor visit for my daughter. Oh, well.

Anyway, he said, based on our medical history of allergies (me, my mom, my dad), that Lucy's probably got them or she will get them. So we have her taking Zyrtec at night for the next several weeks, after which we're invited to come back to the doctor's office and report on whether or not the Zyrtec has calmed down all the coughing and boogers. In a month, Lucy will have insurance, so that visit hopefully won't be as costly as the one on Friday. (Um, if I go.) Grr, silly health care policy for Doug's job that only provides health insurance for me and the kids after Doug has been clerking for 6 months.

And here are some of our family photos because I can't resist. And because I hope you'll tell me which one you like best so I know which one to send out to the dear old relatives who don't know how to access the internet. All I can say before you really look at these photos is, "Aren't we dressed well?" I am proud of that, since I created the outfit ensemble. But wow, wouldn't it be cool if Lucy smiled? And if you could see all of our faces at once? And if we looked good?" I still count these pictures as successes, compared to the duds I'm not showing you. Actually, I'll show a couple duds just to prove how bad the other alternatives are. In our defense, we were staring into the blazing sun.








12 comments:

aaron, brookie, addison and landon bedwell said...

hey, i just love the family photos.sounds like you're enjoying pocatello and keeping busy. missing you here in utah.but very glad to hear you are all doing well.

Sandy White said...

Actually, believe it or not, the first thing I noticed about the pictures was the fantastic setting and your clothes! I loved the red/gray combo...looked great!

Anonymous said...

What cute family pictures you got! I love them all. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Sorry to hear about Lucy. That is no fun! I hope that the medicine helps.

The Qian Family said...

Okay, this family belongs on the cover of a magazine! You are so pretty!!! I absolutely love the pictures.

The Qian Family said...

I like them all, but I think I like the bottom one best.

Jami Jackson said...

So cute Tara! I like the one where you're looking at Doug and Lucy is sucking on a sucker. I love family photos (ha!).

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I am glad that you got your pictures. I think they are cute!

fightingfour said...

I like the last one. You guys look great!

Sara and Dustin said...

You guys are darling! My vote is for the last one as well. Definitely my fav.

jessica said...

Love the family photos! Thanks for all the help this last week with interviewing stuff!

Natalie said...

Great pictures! Darling family!!!! I like the first one!

Jenn said...

Cute pictures! I tried to call you back a few times bytheway. Do you not have an answering machine? If you do... then I might be calling the wrong number. Just wanted you to know that I'm not a total slacker. ;)