Sunday, November 29, 2009

Go, Mighty Cou-gars! And...

Yay, Cougars! We sang the Utah fight song as (BYU's) George ran into the end zone to end the game. I never loved hearing the Utah fight song until right then. Max Hall's comments about Utah were funny to hear--not very nice--but entertaining. He'll probably have to make a public apology ASAP. Go, mighty Cougars.

And I got the job at BYU-Idaho. I'll begin training in January to teach English foundations online in the spring:). I'm thrilled about it, and we celebrated by getting Doug an LCD flatscreen for Christmas. My mom says something's wrong with that, but everyone's happy. Maybe the flatscreen will console him when I'm grading papers?

12 comments:

Just Us said...

Yay! I've been checking every day to see if the announcement was up! Congratulations, you are awesome!
hey and now I am recalling that you might have sent me a note about visiting Utah sometime? Did I miss it? I am lame if I did, it's been a crazy time, does that count? No...no it doesnt. I hope I didn't miss it.

lindsay said...

Congrats! You'll be great!

Valerie said...

Way to go Tara! Working while trying to take care of your kids is hard, I won't lie, but I know you will do a great job at both! Funny comment about Max Hall... he was in our BYU ward a few years ago and let's say that I was not impressed with him at all. But hey, at least we won against the Utes!

Kate Johnson said...

Wahoo! That is fabulous. We are excited for you!

Decker and Christine said...

Hey, that's great! Congratulations! So...how do you teach an online course? I took one my last semester, but it was independant study. I can't wait to hear how you like it!

MaryAnn said...

Yay! so glad you got the job! I will help you celebrate in a couple of weeks !! :)

Chris Just said...

Congrats, Tara! How'd you forget to mention that one when we talked!?!? That's AWESOME BIG news!

Valeri Crockett said...

Congratulations Tara! It sounds like a perfect thing for you to do right now. I have no idea how I would balance that with kids but I'm sure you'll do great;)

Thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog Tara. . . seriously, you gave me a boost and it was much needed.

Side note: The other day I realized I was talking in a really harsh and brass voice to my kids and it came to my mind that I should talk more like Tara does to her kids. Girl, you got some "sweet" skills that may take me years to acquire.

Happy Holidays to you and your cute family!

jessica said...

Congrats Tara! I am so happy about your job. You will be fantastic! I will call soon to get the details. Life has been crazy as ever! Love you!

Allie said...

Congratulations on the job!

We were excited about the BYU win as well. That winning touch down was scored by my cousin's brother-in-law, so it's been big news in our family of BYU fans.

Jami Jackson said...

Congrats Tara! You'll be a great teacher. And your so nice to get Doug a TV. Jon wishes I would let him get one.

Jenn said...

I got your comment and am sad because we will be in Colorado (John's bro. is coming home from his mission, so we're spending lots of quality time with his whole fam this December). Wish me luck :) But I want you to know that I seriously did consider it until I saw the date.