Thursday, November 12, 2009

What Calling Has Cost Us $100 So Far?

Sigh. Why must any church calling require our money? Look at the new Young Men's first counselor, nestled in his mummy encasement. That duo is going to spend the night in a far away cave next weekend. We're all so excited:). To be fair, we COULD just borrow camping gear from other people, but Doug wants to build up our camping gear supply, and I actually think that's a good idea for our family. I just don't like doing it when we're poor!





And guess who's back in undies? Some of you know the immense amount of pain and torture endured by our entire family half a year ago when we tried to potty train Isaac. It lasted three months, was terrible, and we finally gave up. Isaac showed signs of interest in potty training again a couple days ago, so he's back in underwear, and I am again a watchful, home-glued mom for the most part. I won't say it's going well, but the old, all-too-familiar routines are back. I ask if Isaac needs to go potty. He says no. I cajole him eventually, praise his efforts, and so it continues. I wish this kid would take the initiative and do it himself. Isaac needs potty power!




And I am playing a waiting game with BYU-Idaho. Every day, I check my email a ton, check my voicemail, and just hope to hear from them soon and get the job. Is that so much to ask?!

2 comments:

lindsay said...

Good luck with the job. :) Rumors about Matt...too early to tell. Does Marshall have a date set yet? I may try to make my way out there for it.

fightingfour said...

Its not at all too much to ask! Derek was the exact same way with all his camping gear.