





If you've talked to me about books, you know I'm a bit of a literary snob. While I am INCREDIBLY impressed with Stephanie Meyer (a stay-at-home who disciplines herself to write novels! Awesome!) and I think her books are all page turners, they are not the best books I've ever read. She is not my favorite author. And she is not my favorite Mormon author. Be that as it may, she is the reason for the party I went to last night!
Some wonderful Pocatello ladies, chiefly those who come to playgroup, had a Twilight party, complete with posters, dog-tags, framed quotes, ice cube holding contests (to see who is the most compatible with Edward), trivia games (I was on team Edward), Vanity Fair, which features an article about the guy who plays Edward Cullen, and Twilight music. I left early because my kids needed to get to bed, but I think a lot of the girls stayed to watch the movie as well. We also had awesome food and it was a blast! I love girl time, and I'll celebrate anything like an 11-year-old if it means food, folks, and fun.
Other news: Lucy has a TERRIBLE cold, Doug's trying to get over his, potty training is going relatively well (Isaac still hasn't done anything but pee in the potty, but at least he has started telling me he needs to go, rather than being cajoled every single time. And he has been dry every night except the ones when he pooped in his crib.) I'm praying hard for Isaac to master potty training, and I look forward to when I can leave my home in the daytime, when Lucy isn't so contagious. I'm STILL waiting to hear from BYU-Idaho. Doug's friend called BYU-Idaho to see when applicants should expect to hear back and was informed that letters were being sent out at the start of this week and at the start of next week. Oh, please, let the news be good!
Also, Eye on Life has published 3 of my poems and the poetry editor asked if I was interested in being flown out to the Women's Poetry Slam in Ohio in March. I'm game! I may even decide to be brave enough to recite there... So that's what's up.
5 comments:
Hello I like how you tack that last piece of amazing news right at the end. That's pretty freaking awesome (sorry...I think the twilight reference brought out my fourteen year old girl too). :)
What a fun party. Kelly and Beth are throwing a new moon party on Friday and then we are going to the movie after. Kelly's mom rented out a theater and sold all of the tickets. There are like 25 from our ward going. Wish you were still here to hang with us. We miss you. Congrats on the poems, hope you hear good news soon.
Wow, that's awesome about the poetry conference. Congrats.
Congrats on the poems! How great!!! I saw New Moon with my mom and Mari last night at midnight. I am not the obsessive one in the family...its my mom. I think she's read each book about 25 times. I feel like you do about the books. Be that as it may, the movie was GREAT! You should see it. So much better than the first one. Oh, and does Marshall have a date set yet?
Bwahahahahaha! Looks like that was an awesome party and I'm glad that you got to go and have fun for a bit. I'm crossing my fingers for you to hear about the job soon. I love you!
Post a Comment