Who wants to read about poop today? And who wants to write about it? Two very exciting prospects, I'm sure. It's just that I can't figure out how to help my little boy stop pooping in his crib. I know the kid likes his "alone time." He doesn't want an audience for that all-important event of filling his diaper. But come on. Enough with the pooping in his crib. He discovered it about a month and a half ago, and we're still experiencing the joy of de-pooping about 90% of the time after naps and in the morning. I've tried treats when I get him after naps or in the morning and he's "fresh and clean." We've danced and sang in response to his triumphs. We'll start feeding him at least an hour before bed... In the name of potty-training, tell me what to do! (Or don't, and I'll still love you. Are you feeling the guilt-free effort-free love?)
Friday, April 3, 2009
Stop the Poopage!
Please know that I wasn't trying to induce guilt in my previous message. And don't feel like you have to start responding to my comments to be a "true" friend. I'd just realized something about myself (that I cared about how many responses I got to my posts) and, after some deliberation, concluded that I'd write, regardless of the number of responses I received. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my blog and talk to me on it through your responses. I love it all.
Who wants to read about poop today? And who wants to write about it? Two very exciting prospects, I'm sure. It's just that I can't figure out how to help my little boy stop pooping in his crib. I know the kid likes his "alone time." He doesn't want an audience for that all-important event of filling his diaper. But come on. Enough with the pooping in his crib. He discovered it about a month and a half ago, and we're still experiencing the joy of de-pooping about 90% of the time after naps and in the morning. I've tried treats when I get him after naps or in the morning and he's "fresh and clean." We've danced and sang in response to his triumphs. We'll start feeding him at least an hour before bed... In the name of potty-training, tell me what to do! (Or don't, and I'll still love you. Are you feeling the guilt-free effort-free love?)
Who wants to read about poop today? And who wants to write about it? Two very exciting prospects, I'm sure. It's just that I can't figure out how to help my little boy stop pooping in his crib. I know the kid likes his "alone time." He doesn't want an audience for that all-important event of filling his diaper. But come on. Enough with the pooping in his crib. He discovered it about a month and a half ago, and we're still experiencing the joy of de-pooping about 90% of the time after naps and in the morning. I've tried treats when I get him after naps or in the morning and he's "fresh and clean." We've danced and sang in response to his triumphs. We'll start feeding him at least an hour before bed... In the name of potty-training, tell me what to do! (Or don't, and I'll still love you. Are you feeling the guilt-free effort-free love?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't have a clue about the pooping. But I do know there are a lot of ladies in my ward dealing with the same thing. Maybe it's a stage thing? I'll ask them and let you know...in person...in 2 weeks!!!! Woohoo!
I wish I could tell you something. I'm still dealing with a toddler who is PERFECT with peeing in the toilet but is terrified of pooping in there. Therefore, it's done in her underwear - every, single, stinking time. So, if you learn any secrets please share.
I asked a friend the other day about our little poop problem. Her daughter did the exact thing Isaac does. She would sit her little one down on the potty for 20 minutes before each nap every day. She would make her sit there the whole 20 minutes pooping or not. After a while of doing that, the girl got sick of sitting there every day and just starting pooing before nap time. I may have to try something similar. Nothing else is working for me!
Post a Comment