Wednesday, April 15, 2009

While Doug Takes His Last Final and the Children Sleep

Today is a great day. What makes it great?

1) Lucy woke up only once last night, so I feel pretty awake. (She sometimes wakes up twice at night and I feel like a slug for the first several hours of the morning.)

2) Doug's taking his last final in law school and I'm so proud.

3) I'm wearing a pretty purple shirt that I got on sale for $3.60 at Kohl's. Even better than that, I had store credit because of some gifts from my mom that I returned, so the shirt's actually free for me.

4) My kids are both in bed. Isaac hasn't woken up for the day yet and Lucy's down for nap #1. I'm not a big fan of Lucy's early wake-up times, but she let me sleep in until 7:30 today, for which I am grateful. I think I'll get some dark flannel material to cover her windows so she doesn't rise with the sun.

5) I got my Relief Society "homework" done for the day. I'm the "assistant to the secretary" in R.S. so I crunch numbers and make reports. The secretary just had a baby yesterday, so I had some extra stuff to do this week, which I just did.
6) I had a glorious Easter weekend, with egg hunts, baskets, a beautiful baby blessing, and lots of family. Some pictures:


Doug assembling Isaac's very first tricycle. We watched Madagascar II while we got Easter all ready. Love the hippos! ("I like'um BIG! I like'um chunky!") And speaking of chunky, check out that little girl's legs. This is her all ready for the Easter egg hunt on Saturday. After that picture, I've got one of Isaac, who deeply loved the turtle I got him at Macey's. Then there's River, Haven, and Isaac ready to do the egg hunt, Isaac's face stuffed with candy, Isaac taking a break from the egg hunt to jump on the trampoline at my parent's house, Peanut and Lucy, Lucy with her Aunt Jessica and Bowen cousins Faith and Kate, and a whole bunch of happy, singing Bowens. I'm feeling pretty blessed. I'll sign off because Isaac woke up about 5 minutes ago.


!!)








6 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

How fun! I love the hippos too...that is my favorite part. And, once again, congratulations to your little family for a rapidly approaching law school graduation!

McArthur Family said...

Finally a pic with you in it!

Just Us said...

Those cheeks, that hair! I'm sorry, but I am just in love with your baby. She is snuggalicious. :)

Catherina said...

Tara,
thank you for your nice comment on my blog:-)
We do need to play! Are you going to be around in Utah for while, or will you be moving to Idaho soon? Any ways I would love to see you and meet your little ones:-) Who by the way are SOOOO CUTE!

love you!
cat

jessica said...

It was fun to be together last Sunday. When you look at my blog you will see that we cleaned the baby's room and put the crib together so if you want to stay here with mom and Ashley next Saturday there is a place for all of you!

Valerie said...

Hooray for Doug being done with law school! I'm very excited for you guys! Also, why do you have the most adorable children? It's not fair.

I had to do #4 with Brendan's room. It's just easier that way. I'll send you an email soon so I can tell you lots of fun things going on here for us. Love you!