My body was violated on Monday--by my doctor--but I still didn't like it. Anyway, my baby girl was facing down at a -2 and I was 2 cm dilated. Which means I only have 8 cm to go before I have to push (which is one of the worst experiences I have ever been through) and THEN I get to have my sweet little girl in my arms! I'm excited.
My doctor told me to take it easy on the running this week because he'd like to have me get to at least 37 weeks before delivering. I heard him say that and thought, "Um, yeah right. My baby's going to term, buster." You have to think that way so you don't get your hopes up and have them dashed daily.
Regarding the nesting: I'm organizing all our cabinets, reviewing and reorganizing our photo albums and I hope to update wedding and baby albums ASAP. I just ordered over 100 pictures for our family album but I'm a little bummed that tons of our pictures are on our other lap top--this means I'll have to order more pictures to get our family memories in chronological order. And I'll have to wait until those other pictures are developed before I start putting pictures in my album.
We also have our baby bedding ( I've already put everything up in Lucy's room except pictures and drapes), we've sold our double stroller on KSL (which isn't very fun, by the way) and now we need to put up curtains, get a new double stroller, go on lots of dates and family outings and have this baby!
While waiting for pictures to upload on Costco's photo album, I read through my journal entries from two years ago--while I was very pregnant and after giving birth. What a great deal it is to lose an enormous belly and get an awesome baby. Isaac's awake and sitting on my lap now as I type, so I'm signing off.
8 comments:
You still have a lap?
Way to go with the nesting!! That's WAY more than I ever did. Oh wait, maybe it's because I was always moving around during my pregnancies. Good luck with your to do list - and making it to full term. I'm excited for your little Lucy to join your family.
How exciting for you! I guess that you will not make it to the Spackman reunion on the 11th. Thats o.k. We will have to get together, and play once your little girl is here.
oh, yah, and pushing in not the funnest!!! Good luck girl, you can do it!:-)
~cat
What a busy bee!
So last nigth Cheri threw a "girls night" and I was totally missing you!
So exciting!!! Can't wait to see little Lucy!
There's nothing like hormones to make you do stuff. I have fond memories of nesting. It's amazing what a fully pregnant woman with a mission can accomplish! Good luck with the next two weeks!
Way to go, Tara! I hope you are able to get some relaxation in with all of that organizing.
I still remember the reprimand you received from the girls after being spotted running on 705 at 9 months pregnant--it makes me smile when I think about it! And sheesh, I had a hard time going up the stairs when I was 9 months pregnant! Again, way to go Tara!
Pushing was one of the hardest things you've ever done? You must have been a brave soul who went natural. Not me, sister! I had that epidural, and I really had a fairly great birth experience, but for me, "fairly great" meant that when the anesthesiologist came in, I literally said, "Yay!" Apparently, that comment was a hit. ;)
ANYWAY, I wish you luck! I hope things proceed as you want them and you get to see your little gal soon enough. And running? Sheesh. I couldn't get across the local mall here without taking FOUR breaks at each area of benches by the time I was ready to pop, not to mention I freaked out a whole Denny's staff who got scared that I chose a booth over a table, and worried I would get stuck.
But, I digress..... ;)
Wow, that is so exciting! Good luck, and I can't believe you are still running!
Post a Comment