Sunday, September 21, 2008

Date Night and Nail Polish


Doug created the title for me, after reminding me that the title is the most critical part of all. So there it is. To celebrate that we had only five weeks left of this pregnancy, Doug elected to massage my feet and paint my toenails. When I say he elected to do this, I mean that I suggested the kind gesture and he complied. Again, way to go, Doug!

Some things that might have made the polishing a little more... shall we say... professional?

1) We probably could have had him paint my nails when we weren't

a) watching a movie

b) with the lights off

c) without any tips from me except to be sure and do two layers when he

d) had never in his life painted nails.

So things could have gone differently. There we were, watching The Majestic, and I loved my foot massage and the way my painted toenails shoe in the dark.

Two hours into the movie, of course I had to go to the bathroom and I chanced to glance down at my toenails. And I started to laugh. And Doug laughed with me. And then I laughed so hard that I started to cry. Then we finished the movie and took pictures of my toes.
My toenails have issues. There is paint all over the skin around my nails, the paint on the nails is lumpy and all over the place, and there are tufts of cotton ball attached to almost every nail. Why is this all written in the present tense when our date night was on Friday? I don't know. Nostalgia, maybe. I love my nails and I love showing them off.
So way to go, honey. We now have 4 weeks left until my theoretical due date, and I can't wait to see what I come up with next for him to do for me. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Just Us said...

I hate to say it, I hate to be utter a cliche, but I have to...you guys are cute. Agh! But you are! And you make me laugh. John did that for me when I was pregnant with similar results. And you better believe I loved him oh so much for it! Yay for just a few more weeks until the baby!

McArthur Family said...

Oh, so fun!

Kate Johnson said...

That is so cute! I have to laugh because Daniel always jokes about painting each others toenails in the dark...apparently this was suggested as a romantic moment in a church movie he watched on his mission. So, does it work?!

Jami Jackson said...

So cute that he was willing to try!

I hope I can come to your baby shower! That is the day we are moving so I'm not sure how things will pan out, but I promise I will try. It would be so fun to see you!

Sara and Dustin said...

Doug is such a good sport! Also, did you ever think that he looks like your mission president? I had Anna sitting on my lap when I pulled up your blog and she exclaimed, "Oh! Gwam-pa!" Too funny.

You know I would come to that mission reunion in a heart beat...if I lived ANYWHERE closer than here. Someday I will have to come visit your cute face.

dave&abby johnson family said...

That is so sweet! What a good hubby you have! I can't believe you have four weeks left.....CRAZY!

Decker and Christine said...

Hey...not bad for a first try! I didn't take a picture the first time I painted my own toenails, but I'm sure it was no where as close to as gorgeous as yours are now. Good job, Doug.