Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pictures and a Less-Than-Valient Ensign Reader's Gleanings


My Aunt Cecilia took this picture this past weekend at our cabin in Island Park. I'm cracking up because my usually-serious Uncle Mehrl was doing a crazy dance to make Isaac smile--I am always the easily entertained one, Doug always remembers to look at the camera, and Isaac just tends to look solemn and concerned. Oh well, at least I had fun:).
I read a lovely quote in the Ensign this morning that makes better sense than what I was trying to say yesterday about why on earth I keep having kids. Here it goes, and thank you, Elder Kenneth Johnson!


"With our aspirations tempered by an eternal perspective, our minds can be illuminated by the light of the everlasting gospel, enabling us to chart a course to reach our divine potential. The choice is ours. We can fall back into the lifestyle of the natural man or yield to the enticings of the Holy Spirit to become partakers of the divine nature."


Right now, I'm in a quiet, sunny period of my life. I spend most of my time with Isaac and Doug and I try to remember to pray for opportunities to serve and share the gospel. I wonder about the most effective way to orchestrate "time out" with my little one, and I wonder about how wise it is to let Isaac play in the front seat of our truck, pressing every button he can reach while chirping, "Beep! Beep!"


I have time to make small differences and small sacrifices. I'm not caught up in a flurry of responsibilities. And I know it won't last. I'm just loving it while I've got it!
Here I am at Le Nails receiving my sensational pedicure. You better believe I was flexing my muscles for Breezy while she took my picture.

And this is my little family at Alyssa's wedding last weekend. The Elmo backpack was apparently mine when I was a little girl. We use it for Isaac when we don't think the two diapers and several wipes I always keep in my purse will be enough. This is the outfit that sparked my mom's comment about how I don't have a lot of clothing options right now:). Hey, what do you all do to keep your arms toned? I know it's silly, but I've always thought pregnant ladies look great if they have toned arms. So help me out--what must I do?

8 comments:

Just Us said...

Hey I loved these last two posts. You (and the Ensign) expressed why we have kids so perfectly. It's hard to explain until you have kids (and the sleep deprivation). I also wanted to apologize if my last comment sounded slightly racist--I don't remember what I wrote, but when I read your comment on my blog, I thought, oh yeah, I said something about them not speaking english...hope that came across alright! lol! Anyway, are you naming your little girl Lucy for sure? Because if so, we are almost twins because Maddy's original name was Lucy until my Mom freaked out about it and made me rethink (but it might make it for the second baby). Also, I think I would love to see everyone at the end of this month. Any specific plans yet?

Heather E. said...

Oh Tara, I just love your optimism and your arms look fab. I was just brushing up on what you've read this summer and it makes me envious. I am so excited to read most of those (or have read some). You should go to goodreads.com and join all the fun so you can recommend books to all your friends. I have a link to it on my blog on the bottom right hand side.

Sara G said...

Hey Tara! This is Sara Galaso from Wyview. I saw that you commented on Lori's blog and clicked on over. Hopefully, you remember me. Your little boy is adorable! And I loved reading a few of your posts, you're so witty and funny...hope you don't mind if I come back to see what you guys are up to. Congrats on the little girl coming soon.

Sara G said...

P.S. Love the name Lucy...one of our twins is named Lucy and I love calling her little Lulu.

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

Cute little family. Isaac is getting so big. I'm glad ID is treatin you good. Can't wait to see your belly in a few weeks. Enjoy the dry weather cause man it's super humid here. Miss yah

dave&abby johnson family said...

Friend...you look so cute!! Isaac is adorable I can't believe how big he is, can't wait to see you guys!!

Valerie said...

I agree that one can never truly understand the value of having children until they actually get to experience it. I give thanks every day to God for letting me have the joy of having a child (and hopefully that turns to children sometime in the future. :) On to another topic, I do push-ups like crazy to tone my arms- one of the few things on my body that is somewhat toned. I think they help enormously and now Brendan likes to climb on my back while I do them giving me even more resistance!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute!! I love the dress by the way. Your little Isaac is getting so big. He is such a heart breaker. We miss you and can't wait to see you soon. I am glad that you are having fun.