Monday, July 21, 2008

REVISED Online Garage Sale

We've sold some of our stuff, so I'm doctoring the list and adding some things. Let it be known that I think it's tacky of me to list prices on my blog, but maybe you'll forgive me because at least I recognize that it's tacky:).

Here's the list of stuff we'd still like to sell:

1) Indian print couch (approx. 7 feet long): We're thinking of selling it for $25. It's fully functional, but we don't want to pay several hundred dollars to bring it across the country.


2) tan futon (less than a year old): We're selling it for $75.
3) small entertainment stand: $10 (It has childproof bumpers on the front four corners.)
4) 2 green-and-wood night stands: $20 each (The nightstand in the picture is turned to the side because Isaac had too much fun pulling things out of the drawer in the front!)
5) microwave: $20

6) surround sound system (comes with 4 speakers, an amp, remote control, and A DVD player): $50

7) large wood and glass mirror: $75


8) We also have a) a kitchen table and five chairs and b) a desk that need a home. Just contact Mary if you are interested in looking at them and/or taking them.


If you may be interested in buying any of this, give me a call. If you can pass on to other people you know that we're looking to sell our stuff, that'd be great as well. Doug and I have tentatively set prices, but we can be talked down.

Not a ton else is going on. We did find a basement apartment in Orem and Doug is eager to register for classes and our All-Sports passes. Our child has been hitting and kicking lately (isn't that charming?) so here is an example of our almost hourly conversations with him (bear in mind that any inconvenience on his part will trigger the "hit" or "kick"):




Me: Isaac, let's go change your diaper!


Isaac: Oh, no! Hit! Hit! (He says "hit" as he hits me--or "kick!" as he kicks me)


Me: Isaac Bowen, we do not hit. Do you want to go to timeout?


Isaac: No!


Me: Okay, then let's go change your diaper. Please say 'Sorry, Mommy.'


Isaac: Sorry...Mommy.




When I do take him to Timeout (usually a chair, or my bed) Isaac collapses in tears, slides off the furniture and runs into my arms to be consoled. So that's where we're at right now:).

10 comments:

alexandra said...

I loved the Isaac dialogue. It really can be so discouraging. Take heart in the fact that ALL kids (well, boys for sure) seem to do this. I used to feel like a terrible mom, I suppose bc I was horrified my son would act that way (I must have spoiled him!) and that my reprimand did not put an immediate end to any symptom of it. That is unrealistic, though, as you seem to realize. Don't worry, it should get better in a few years! :)

The Qian Family said...

Wow! You have a lot going on! That's awesome that you guys are headed back to Provo. We'll be here for another week. When do you arrive? We'd love to see you!

McArthur Family said...

Don't forget about the nice desk we put in your place. If it too needs a new home, I'll see what I can do.

Love- amber

Julia Kelly said...

how much are you selling your futon for? we are interested. :)

Hannah said...

I just found your blog from the Qian's and I know I know you...but I can't remember how. Where did we meet? Were you in my Wyview ward with the Qians? I am the worst at remembering things like this...

Valerie said...

Brendan does the same thing- he makes the saddest face ever and just wants me to hug him when he gets put in timeout. I find it very hard to resist.

Jenny said...

I love that he says "hit". What a smart kid! :)

Jenn said...

Hi! So I won't be able to come to the gathering and I'm bummed. I totally forgot that I told one of my friends that I would do something with her and a couple of other people. I hope you guys have fun, and hopefully I'll be able to see you when you guys come back for school!

Becky said...

Hey! Sorry I didn't get back to you right away...I just finished my finals! Anyways, Devin is my boyfriend! :] I met him on my first Sunday in Athens. Then, after his presistance through my obliviousness, we had a few amazing dates...and I was hooked! He is an incredible person, and I definitely couldn't be happier right now! :]

The Terrell Family said...

I'm going to miss you guys!! Congrats on BYU!