Shouldn't everyone have a basket on Easter morning? Not because the Easter Bunny is holy or even special by himself. But if someone gives you an Easter basket (or you get one for yourself even) it's a reminder that YOU are special and Spring is on the way. If you didn't get one, I think you should right now--they'll be discounted and so will the candy that belongs therein.
Here's what we've done with Easter:
1) We went Easter shopping for Isaac at Target and got him some blocks and a puzzle.
2) We got an Easter package from our Utah Easter Bunnies (my mom and her consultant, Peanut). Doug got to open one of the Utah Easter Bunny's gifts before Easter because he can never wait to open presents--this was our compromise.
3) We read the Easter story in the Book of John. I love it when Christ said, "Mary" and Mary Magdalene knew who He was by how He said her name. When I read this story as a young girl, I KNEW it happened. That was my jumping off point to believing that the Bible was actually a true account of things that had happened before my time.
4) Doug hard-boiled eggs and we colored them after putting Isaac down. We would have let Isaac participate if we'd been in a large family group setting, but because no relative could express disappointment on Isaac's behalf for missing all the fun, we decided a tidier, simpler egg-decorating process would be better for us.




5) We arranged Isaac's basket in an enticing display.

6) Isaac woke up at 8:30 this morning and we went out to see what the Easter Bunny brought for us. Isaac was thrilled. He walked around with his Easter basket afterward and I suggested that he swing it. He did, and the eggs scattered everywhere.

7) We learned that Isaac does not like hard-boiled eggs.
8) I got to teach in Church.
9) We ate Stouffers' Enchiladas for dinner.
10) We went on a nice family walk.
11) Then we ate dinner again at our friends' house. The dinner was a LOT better than Stouffers. We had rolls, home-made jam, ham, pear salad, potatoes, and monkey-bread. Yum!
12) I got to clean up our messy home and post for the first time in a week.
Happy Easter, and I hope yours was awesome!
4 comments:
Happy Easter Bowens! It's good to see you guys enjoying Easter traditions, I'm especially impressed that you hard-boiled eggs and colored them.
You probably hate hearing this, but I'm still surprised by pictures of Isaac walking. He's growing so fast! Good to see that you are all well and happy.
Happy Spring!
what a fun easter! Isaac looks like such a big boy in that photo.
oops, I think I just deleted my own post. Hopefully this won't show up twice. I was commenting on how happy I am to be connected with you again and how I have tons of memories of you! I remember, for example, you and Doug moving into Wyview---like I literally remember you unloading the truck. And I remember being in the audience at your women's conference talk. Lots more! Can't wait to stay posted on your life. :)
I loved the way you look at the giving of Easter baskets.
Post a Comment