Saturday, March 8, 2008

Our Home in Action

Because of a persnickety stomach bug, I have been homebound for the last week and a half. I even got a cold in the middle of all this! Last week's post, which enclosed an unattractive sick-with-a-cold picture of yours truly, cuddling with my baby, is a token of my extreme love for Isaac, appreciation for his supreme cuteness in the picture, and apparent humility, which I don't actually possess:). So, yeah, I've looked horrible/felt horrible and I've hung out at home about 98% more than usual.

In honor of my "quantity" time at home, I'm posting our home in action: you get to see where and how we live, and I get to feel like I've posted:
1) Isaac's room, featuring the crib, glider, and ottoman. Please note that there are three blankets in Isaac's crib--two of which I actually put on top of the boy (so why is there a third?...). The far left blanket is THE blankee. There aren't words passionate enough in the English language to describe my child's satisfaction in having such a fine blankee. He tries to pull it out of the crib every day and I put it back, promising that he'll get to spend quality time with his blankee the next time he takes a rest. The books on the glider and ottoman are proof of my child's deep and abiding love for literature. Maybe we read 45 books today?
2) The kitchen/dining room, featuring a cool reflection over the table, another book, and our little keyboard: Isaac occasionally feels the musical vibe and convinces me to drag the keyboard out of the laundry room. Then we adjust the volume as low as Isaac will tolerate and he plays the music box tunes, commanding that I hold him so we can dance. Today's dancing session involved some very focused jumping on Isaac's part.

3) Here, we admit to some Kidsongs time in our home (and yes, Doug convinced me to let him buy bunny ears for our tv). Isaac takes the opportunity to sip milk from his sippy while flexing his feet in his big-boy chair, meanwhile deriving pleasure from "I'm All Shook Up," an inspirational tribute to dogs.

4) And here again, we see Isaac immortalized, the gold frame no doubt reminding Isaac of his divine and grand origins. Isaac loves to point to this picture and proclaim, "Baby!" He can see this picture and one of "Jesus!" from the changing table, so they're nice distractions for him. Today I sang, "Jesus Wants me For a Sunbeam!" to Isaac while he was on the changing table, along with other songs that used the key word Jesus. The sunbeam song was his favorite. You better believe I BEAMED like the sun every time we hit that word.

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Hey Tara! I stumbled upon your cute blog and had to say hi! It was great talking to you on Friday, thanks for hanging out!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been sick. Did you see that I got you posted. FINALLY. I promise I have been meaning to do it. My time is a little more limited than it use to be. Your boy sure is a cutie.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Hey! i didn't know you had a blog!! Well, hello friend. Very cute very cute, now I am going to have to check in and say HI!

alexandra said...

I love the photo of Isaac watching tv. He looks just like a tiny man! (He is a teddy bear, by the way. Doug is a bear. I am sorry to say, but I don't have an animal for you!)