Valentine's Day:).
He called me up on a Monday and asked if I had any plans for the upcoming Saturday. I said I didn't and he asked me out for a huge group date that involved a fancy meal at his apartment, a hockey game in Salt Lake, ice skating afterward, and ice cream after that. I accepted and then said, "Wait a minute, that's Valentine's Day."
A pause, "Um, yeah."
So that means you like me, I concluded and got off the phone cheerfully.
Doug came to my apartment with wildflowers, ready to pick up his date. I wasn't there. I was still working on a nasty Spanish test in the Spanish testing center that I would have been done with... had I not spent a lot of time primping earlier in the day.
I went straight to Doug's apartment when I was done with my test and saw a whole bunch of people eating in the living room. I said I was looking for my date and they laughed at me--Doug was waiting for me at my apartment.
So I walked to my apartment and rang my bell. My roommate answered the door and laughed at me. I told her I was there to pick up my date and Doug decided that maybe he'd give me another chance. He'd never had to wait half an hour for a date before. I also hadn't bothered to call and tell him I was running late, which made him think I may be standing him up--my roommate didn't know the intimate details of my Saturday schedule and couldn't allay his concerns.
Then we had an AWESOME first date. We say people get married and renew their wedding vows after the second quarter of the hockey game (bizarre!), the team all wore hearts all over their jerseys, I made Doug fall on the ice (which of course meant I liked him) and we signed a permission slip for two little kids to skate, signing as their mother and father. Good times.
I love my Valentine, and I love that I have an extra reason to justify making Valentine's Day a wonderful, special occasion. Cheers to 4 years with my HHD (Handsome Husband Doug)!
No comments:
Post a Comment