Because Doug and I “began” on Valentine’s Day, we kind of have a thing for the 14th of February. We celebrate it by writing love letters (which tend to chronicle the last 365 days of our lives). So here is the ‘08 edition of the Bowen Annual Valentine, in the form of a challenge.
I’ll list 14 life-changing events that took place in our family this year and you can see how many you already knew before reading the list! If you already know more than 4 of these, we have probably talked on the phone this year OR you read our blog. If you know more than 7, we may be related. If you know 11 or more, you may be Peanut or my mom. If you know all 14, you’re a telepathic genius! Here’s to you high, high score:
1) Isaac learned to walk a few days before his first birthday.
2) Doug did a law internship for my Uncle Tom last summer in Ogden, Utah. This meant that we got to live with my family for 3 months! Thank you, Tom! Here's the best picture from last summer:
4) To celebrate the 4th of July, we attended our first ever Demolition Derby in Delta, Utah.
5) I wore out the tires on my jogging stroller and I need to buy new tires ASAP (I know this one isn’t life-changing like the Demolition Derby, but I love running with Isaac and I’m happy that we’ve fully appreciated our jogging stroller!)
6) Doug watched or listened to every BYU football game again this year (wearing his BYU blue, of course).
7) Isaac learned to sleep through the whole night in August… He was 10 months old.
8) I ran my first 5K since high school to support my dad’s junior high. I ran with my sister and we had an AWESOME time (not because our actual timed endeavor was so spectacular, but it was just a funny, silly experience).
9) Doug will do another law internship this summer, this time for a firm in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Doug hopes that I will fall in love with his hometown and beg him to secure a way for us to live there forever.
10) For our Anniversary, Doug and I went to the Shakespearean Festival in Utah. It was our first overnight getaway since before Isaac’s birth and it was, predictably, delightful.
11) Doug took me to see Wicked for my birthday—best birthday present ever!
12) I wrote a book this year. It’s about 16 pages long and it lives at River and Haven’s house. The title: River, Haven, and Isaac.
13) Isaac discovered his passion for books. Whether it’s on the changing table, in his car seat, or snuggled up in Mommy or Daddy’s lap, his life is enriched by reading. Here's some proof, taken from a reading session this morning:
14) Isaac got two new cousins this year, named Colton and Skye, and Doug and I got a new sister-in-law, Darcee Jean. Thanks to Wade and Ashley, Derek and Trish, and Jeremy for giving us these wonderful eternal gifts.
As always, we love you and hope this year affords ever more opportunities for our paths to cross. Feel free to send us a message to let us know how you did on the challenge!
Love,
Doug, Tara, and Isaac
As always, we love you and hope this year affords ever more opportunities for our paths to cross. Feel free to send us a message to let us know how you did on the challenge!
Love,
Doug, Tara, and Isaac
1 comment:
What a fun update! Your little boy is completely precious. Aren't these blogs such a great way to keep up with people? I love reading about your romantic life! Thanks for your kind remarks on my blog, they made my day! tell Peanut hello from me please!
Post a Comment