Guess who woke up at 4:25 am so he could see Mitt Romney and help with his campaign? Yep, my sweet spouse. He had such a fun time, even though he came away frustrated with political maneuvers. Here's what happened in Charleston, West Virginia on Tuesday:


The GOP Convention got started around 7:30 with a breakfast and short speech by former Governor Romney. Then all the delegates assembled with their fello county-members and people encouraged each other to vote for their favorite candidates. Romney and Huckabee spoke. Then there was Vote #1. Romney won. Huckabee took second, McCain took third, and Ron Paul was eliminated from the vote because he took fourth.

Then there was a lunch break before Vote #2. During this time, the McCain voters decided to vote for Huckabee, rather than McCain (because McCain couldn't win), thus thwarting Mitt Romney. So Vote #2 came; Huckabee won and later called Romney a whiner. From a biased standpoint, I just wish they'd let all West Virginians vote in the primaries, rather than giving delegates an opportunity to swing their votes as a result of an earlier vote.
I remember attending Girls' State in Virginia when I was in High School and watching this process. We all voted for the people we wanted to win, and then a lot of people were eliminated. Then, we rallied behind some other candidate and got excited about making a difference.
Romney definitely lost big time on Super Tuesday, and I pray for him and his family. Would you pull out now if you were in his shoes? Doug loved him, by the way. He was SO impressed. Anyway, way to be in on the action, Doug. I love you for your enthusiasm and dedication!
No comments:
Post a Comment