This will need to be quick because I am watching my friend's kids in about 15 minutes...but I wanted to jot down some rich blessings from today.
I was putting away laundry in Lucy's room this morning, and she came up to me like she does all the time and said, "Huggie?" For Lucy, huggies aren't just hugs. They involve picking her up and giving great big hugs then.
So, rather than tell her to just wait a minute (like I often do, because she requests huggies all the time), I scooped her up and experienced the incredible warmth and love of being tightly hugged by my daughter. Time stood still.
She nuzzled against me, and then gave me a kiss on my cheek, and then rested her head on my shoulder as I told her how much I love her, rocking from side to side. I can't describe how special this felt, but it is one of those special experiences I have only had because I was willing to sacrifice my life for my children. Lucy, you're so completely worth it.
As I was putting Isaac down for his nap today, he requested to read "Beauty and the Beast," as he often does. We settled down with him sitting in my lap, and holding my hand, and I began to read. I usually read word for word for a few pages, and then when Isaac begins interrupting me, to point out various things in the pictures (like the fact that it looks like Maurice's finger is infected as he pushes open the gate to the castle, fleeing the wolves--Isaac is certain the wolves bit him) I begin summarizing key points in the story.
But I always read the last few pages word for word. Isaac LOVES it when the last petal of the rose falls and then "Suddenly, a sparkling magical light surrounded the beast. His paws became hands and his feet and his [body was restored] to its former handsomeness..." Isaac looks at me during that part with sparkling eyes, and spreads out his hands and feet as I read. Oh, how I love it. Isaac, you're completely worth it too.
Merry Christmas, everyone. I'll be signing off for at least a few days while I vacation in Utah with family. May our days be merry and bright, and may I avoid gaining more than 3 pounds during the next 10 days of vacation!
4 comments:
I so so so love those moments!! Glad you got some recently. I am rejoicing today because finally after several weeks, Austin has remembered how to sleep during the day for more than 20 minutes without me holding him. Yay!! Simple pleasures.
I love those moments too. Especially when I get the hugs. The best!
Such sweet descriptions of the most important moments with our babes. Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas, Tara!
Enjoy Utah and being with family!!!
Post a Comment