I remember a talk I read about worrying about things over which we have no control versus concerning ourselves with issues we can control. That's a wordy summary, and I'm sorry.
But Doug wants to find a great job, and there has been a great deal of worrying, speculating, and concerning ourselves with issues we can control.
Finding a job is a community effort. Doug's judicial clerkship ends in August and he has done a great job exploring options for our family.
We would just like to abandon our school debt, and move on, financially secure, and happy. I want Doug to love his future job. I don't want him to have to commute. I don't want to sell our house before our Obama deal is complete (meaning after we've lived in our home for 3 years) because that means we have to give back the $8,000 dollars we got as a "reward" for buying in a rocky economy.
So much to think about...
3 comments:
Well we love you and we are praying for you! We hope we get to see you this weekend!
Of all the decisions that I really hate the most, job decisions are the worst for me too. It is so hard to know what the right thing to do is, and I often just felt like throwing my hands up and asking a random person on the street to figure things out because they probably had as much insight into what we should do as I did (well that's how I felt). :) But... here on the other side of just having had a husband switch jobs and make a major move, I can say that I really do feel that Heavenly Father is interested in these parts of our affairs and will help guide you to the place you are supposed to be. (even if that sounds preachy or cheesy or cliched, I honestly feel that it is true). All you can do is take it one day at a time and celebrate the small victories. you know, tuppence a bag sort of thing. sending lots of good thoughts your way.
I wish you two the best in your job hunt. I'm sure it will all work out, but the process is not always fun. At least you have a very capable, hard working husband- better than the opposite option. =)
And I just read your previous post. I'm sorry. Maybe it's just a phase. Jax always wants me and Talon always want Doug right now...and Colton is finally warming up to Doug (I think the summer without him threw him).
Post a Comment