Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Friends Forever--We Always Will Be Friends!" -Saved By the Bell










Last week, I had the pleasure of spending 5 glorious days with some of my best friends from college. As BYU freshman, we all lived on the same floor in Stover Hall, a boy's dorm that was slated for demolition soon after:).

We started planning a reunion a few months ago, and a few wonderful friends couldn't make it. Surprisingly, five of us were able to gather in Austin, Texas and just have a ball. Bekah and MaryAnn hosted because they both live in Austin. Lindsay flew down from Utah, I came from Idaho, and Valerie flew from Northern Virginia.

We got to eat a lot of heavy barbeque, go tubing, running, walking, swimming, hiking, giggle over our photo albums, and talk (and eat some more) until we dropped.

The thirty-degree difference between Pocatello and Austin weather was heavenly, as was the glorious Zilper (sp?!) trail. I met grackle birds and donned spandex and a tank-top for the first time in my life. Liberating.

But I was really blown away by my friends. They work so hard to make the right choices, and I love seeing where we came from, what we're up to now, and what we're going for in the future. I am so proud of them and love them with all my heart.

My father-in-law disapproved of me going on a girls trip and leaving Doug home to fend for the children. But I adamantly declare that this was good and right, "of good report and praiseworthy." It was a gift from Doug and I treasured it completely.

I'm not explaining any of the pictures, but Christine, I think you may pee in your pants if you zoom in on a few of them. 'Nuff said.

8 comments:

BexxT said...

Please email photos to me. And everyone else. -Love, Bekah (otherwise I can't add the hi-res version to my annual photo album)

Decker and Christine said...

Oh...my...goodness...THE LIST!!! I thought I had the only copy of that! I haven't looked at that thing in so long!! Hilarious. Even more hilarious was Decker's facial expression when I explained what it was I was laughing about. Even MORE hilarious is that it actually took me a little while to remember which part of all of it I had claim to.

I've been WAITING to see pictures. THANK YOU for posting them. It looks like you all had a blast. I am so glad it worked out that so many could get together this year.

MaryAnn said...

YAY PICTURES!!! I will up load and post the very few I have soon. Right now, all extra moments are dedicated to catching up on much needed sleep after our glorious albeit exhausting time together! :) Sure love all our girls!

Jenn said...

Looks like a blast! I can only guess at what the list means, but I found it pretty humorous guessing. :) It's so fun to see Val and Lindsey's preggo tummies (and looking very cute) and all the rest of you looking great. Definitely a great gift from the hubby, I agree. :)

jessica said...

Looks fun! Glad you had such a good time!

Valerie said...

Doug is a prince for taking care of the kids while we got to have fun and play all weekend long but you deserved it and it wouldn't have been the same without you. Awesome photos and I will love you forever if you email them to me as well. Miss you and can't wait until the next one!

Valerie said...

One more thing- I thought Chris and his sister where the only people alive who remember that Saved By The Bell song. You have definitely gained some major points in Chris' mind.

Allie said...

Brooke lives in Austin. I wonder if she knows any of your Texas friends. She lives in Steiner Ranch in Austin. I have no idea what ward she's in. Looks like a fun trip!