Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Grandma

My grandma Sheide isn't doing very well. She is in the hospital with pneumonia and she is on a ton of oxygen. My grandpa passed away last fall, and we thought that my grandma would finally get an opportunity to be social and independent (because she had been taking care of my blind, sick grandpa for 10 years). But no. She has been sick on and off ever since then and she is just declining. I sometimes wonder why people who had horrible experiences during the depression can't just "have it easy" for the rest of their lives. I just feel so badly for my grandma. So that's my update today.

3 comments:

Jewel-e said...

I wonder that same thing sometimes! We are going to SLC on Friday for Harley's grandpa's funeral. Grandpa flew airplanes in WWII. The things he witnessed were so awful he never wanted to talk about them. He definitely deserved an easier road.

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma. I agree with you. My Grandpa was one of the best men I ever knew and he died of pancreatic cancer, one of the most painful cancers. It was hard for me to see that because he had gone through so much in his life already and was the best. Love to you and your family Tara.

jessica said...

So sorry! We hope for the best for her and you! Love you!