Tuesday, June 28, 2022

January 2021

 We entered 2021 knowing kids would have two weeks of "home-learning" so that anyone who had traveled could get COVID through their system before coming back to school. Not a bad plan, but torture for Cason, especially. It was a joke for Corban's preschool full of small children with learning disabilities. 

Here are some photos from January's memory lane:

We started the year off right with our favorite Brazilian restaurant, Tucano's. We get a free entree during our birthday month so we invite others to join us and get a free entree as well. 


Found some beautiful art at Deseret Books.

And then back south we drove.

This was my favorite book of the year. I love President Nelson. 

Love letters from the family on my birthday.







I got perfect-sized baking pans from Peanut and an amazing mug celebrating my 40-year-oldness. 

Cute kiddos at the pond at Paloma Park.

Brooklyn organized an amazing FHE where we made New Year's resolutions and she had written acrostics for all of us. 

Lucy's relaxing spot--note that she is wearing my sweatshirt. 

After a soccer game with her new team, Premier. Not an amazing experience for her socially, but it helped her stay practicing and developing her game. We took a year off from club after that season. 

Her beautiful art

I love that this cactus at Paloma looks like Danny the Dinosaur. 

We followed Kayla's tradition of making a birthday box for our birthday boy. I was pretty impressed with our efforts. 


A guy from my Sonoran Trails ward wanted some help with a book he was writing so I did some editing. I take credit for the first stanza on this first page. 

I take credit for the first stanza here, as well.


More fun Lucy art. 


No comments: