I just went on a walk with the kids, put them down for rests, and went on a walk by myself. A lot of the time on Sunday walks, I talk with family members on the phone and we catch up. I love this! I got to talk with Shauna for a while, which was great. She and Marsh just went to Georgia and South Caroline to kind of scope them out and see how they'd feel about living there. They'll find out in March where Marshall gets placed, and their number 1 hope is San Antonio. That kind of makes me sick because we could have moved to San Antonio. I'm trying to see the bright side of being here instead, away from family.
Doug's job has been so hard. He's at his facility now because he's reviewing what in-services have and have not been done, per requirements by the state. A girl who used to work at the facility lost all their records of who had gotten in-services, so now it's hard to see who has done what. The fact that Doug has been gone for 2 1/2 hours doesn't bode well. His boss and some resources are coming tomorrow to help Doug get the building ready for state surveyors to come. They may come as early as Tuesday. I actually encouraged Doug to work today because he needs to show his boss and the resources that he is making a good faith effort to do everything they have required.
But this has just been tough. Doug made money for the first few months in the building and then he hasn't made money since November. It looks like they won't break even this month, either. You always hear that hard work will pay off, but Doug has worked so hard and the state has been so brutal, and the fruits of his labors are hard to see. I feel for him, I worry for him, I worry for our family, and I wonder what will happen to us.
But I'm thankful for our experiences together. I love my precious family!
No comments:
Post a Comment