Monday, February 26, 2018

February Pictures and Updates

I can't express all my feelings from this month in pictures, but I can paint a sketch of our lives for this month and whine after the pictures! I made cinnamon rolls and regular rolls with the yeast Peanut sent me for my birthday.

Our kids are amazing with sidewalk chalk. I love Lucy's little greeting. I didn't take a picture of it, but she also drew a great picture of Doug and I on a date and tucked it into our car so it would be ready to be seen as we went on a date together.

I had our kids try Tae Kwon Do. because they were interested and the price was right. They had a good time. None of them begged to continue with lessons, so we've moved on. The oldest three will be playing soccer this spring!

I got to watch Juliet Cramer for a morning and we had so much fun having her!I felt like I had twins.

This is one of my favorite things of February. I decided to bring Bernadine roses on Valentine's Day from Doug because he was in Texas for his annual meeting. I've heard so many stories about Bernadine, and I wanted to see her and show her kindness. She was actually very gracious, and felt caught off guard when I came to bring her the flowers because she thought for a second that they were from Doug, her brother, and his grandkids that she had not yet met. It was good to talk with her heart to heart. She made me feel so scared for Doug as she talked about the tragedy of us moving our family here for Doug's job when Ensign just fires administrators all the time.

This is what my sink looks like all too often.

This is Doug with a bunch of other Bowen administrators. The one on the left is at Copper Ridge (where Doug really wanted to go), and then the next guy is Steve Farnsworth, then another Bowen, then Jeremy, then Doug, of course. I'm a little biased, but I feel like I got the best Bowen.

The girls took selfies after cleaning their room. They worked hard to arrange all their stuffed animals this way.

And this is from Cason's birthday! We didn't know that hehad the flu, so he invited his friend Roman over to play, and they had the best time. Roman brought him a gift (so nice!) and they really did have a wonderful time. Cason's family party was fun.

The next day was Cason's annual check-up, and tDr. Bohlt said he was pretty sure Cason had the flu, and asked if he could swab him. I let him, and we found out Cason had the flu. Then both boys got several shots and we picked up medication. Not my favorite three hours of my life, but I was thankful to get that all done. Cason and Corban should be all caught up on vaccinations and I had Corban get a flu shot, for good measure.

I love watching these two boys play together! We have been home SO much over the past few weeks, and it has helped us to do the simple things.

Cason holding his new Thor plush toy from Peanut's family. Brook has Monkey Baby, as usual. She was getting sick, and ended up with a fever for the next few days. She's back to school today!





So, February has had sweet elements. The scary stuff all has to do with Doug's job. He's going to lose money again this month, but he is trying to proactively improve his management. He's at his cluster leader's building today to get help budgeting. I just don't want him to get fired.

No comments: