It really has been so wonderful living here in Utah Valley, staying with my parents, and getting to play with siblings and grandparents and nephews and nieces. I've felt so fortunate. So here is some catch-up to remember our special times here in November and December.
 |
| I can't remember if this picture is also in my previous post, but we were all taking pictures of Fisher and Tanner got to model with him too. We call Fisher "Farmer Fisher" in this outfit. |
 |
| Mid November, we got a little snow. The kids were delighted. |
 |
| We were so excited to go to a BYU football game as a family! |
 |
| Riding the cougar at the stadium was fun for kiddos. |
 |
| And we got to pose as a whole family, proving we actually went to the game together. We only made it through the first half, and I wish we'd stayed longer, but oh well. |
 |
| Corban passed out immediately after we got to the car. |
 |
| His mow-hawk curl was so silly and fun. I've cut his hair twice since then. Now he has a dutch boy haircut. |
 |
| I made a car-seat cover for Fisher and because Peanut was taking a shower when I wanted to bring it to her, I just left it on the doorstop, took a picture of it, and texted her a little love letter to go with it. |
 |
| Here's the car-seat cover. I went to a bunch of stores and shopped online to find the cool prints I finally decided on. Unfortunately, I didn't sew the handles well enough to the blanket, so I'm itching to get my hands on the cover and reinforce it. |
 |
| The cute inside |
 |
| The oldest three got to go see DIsney's Moana with Doug and posed at the theater. I was grading essays like crazy. |
 |
| This is what the girls did to a magazine featuring Christmas gift ads. They apparently loved everything. |
 |
| I took pictures of Lucy to use in her baptism invitation that I texted everyone. This was my favorite part of that day. I love my Lucy, and I was so proud of her. I didn't take any pictures at her baptism, but several people did, so I'll try to add those here at a later date. |
 |
| My cute little champion--speedy and powerful |
 |
| and super cute. He loves to squeeze cheeks. |
 |
| Shauna and Marsh invited us to go to a Jazz game with them and it was incredible! We had great parking, ate an amazing buffet dinner, brought ice cream down to the game, sat on the 4th row, and the Jazz bear picked up Corban and tried to help him in a crawling contest on the basketball court. What a wonderful night! |
 |
| He got tuckered out at the game. |
 |
| We'll never have tickets to anything that expensive ever again, unless we get lucky and score these tickets again some day, thanks to the Ashton's! |
 |
| My darling, happy Corban |
 |
| The kids acted out the nativity at the Sheide Christmas party. It was a fun night! |
 |
| The girls performed gymnastics routines at Alpine Aerials at the start of December. I've loved the technique they've been teaching the girls. The girls and Isaac also take gymnastics at the AF Fitness Center. |
 |
| My precious girls. I love hanging out with them and watching them grow. |
 |
| We loved this book at the doctor's office, and I may buy it for Cason for his birthday. |
 |
| 6 Month stats! |
 |
| Another Doug rescue, wherein he took the kids to the dinosaur museum while I graded essays. Note that their hair is not done. That has been happening a lot of late. |
 |
| We scored BYU basketball tickets for our whole family plus Grandma and Grandpa. We have been so lucky! Notice that we are there incredibly early, as evidenced by almost no one in the seats around us. That's a trademark Doug move. |
 |
| Corban sporting his BYU car-seat blanket Peanut made for Cason when he was born--it's good to use these things for a few kids:). |
 |
| We got on the big screen. The kids kept rocking out and were on the screen a few times. Poor Brooklyn missed it both times because she was going to the bathroom or getting concessions. |
 |
| Doug requested that we do appetizers on Christmas eve like the Bowens do, and he sent this picture to his family to let them see us living the tradition. |
 |
| All of us together while Tanner read Luke 2. Brooklyn, Valley, and Blake put up the felt characters on the flannel board to show what was happening in the scriptures. . .before I took this photo. |
 |
| The living room was magical after Santa came on Christmas eve. We had such a wonderful Christmas day! No pictures, naturally, but it was just a great day. The kids loved being with cousins and opening gifts, and I teared up when they sang in our sacrament meeting. |
 |
| Grandma Kayla and Grandpa Dave sent money to each of the kids for Christmas gifts, so we went to get their gifts a few days ago. The kids did face time with Grandma to show her what they got and talk with her about Christmas. I liked that the kids were careful with their money so there would be enough for tithing. |
 |
| This was our Christmas card this year. It may be hard to read the small print, so here's the info we shared: Had Baby Corban, moved to Utah, Career change for Doug, Two new nephews and a niece, Lucy baptized, So much great family time, Wondering where 2017 will take us! The latest from us: Isaac (10): loves reading and writing comics and watching football with Grandpa; Lucy (8): adores playdates, shopkins, and soccer; Brooklyn (5): enjoys kindergarten, baking, and playing with sibling, cousins, and Monkey Baby; Cason (2): idolizes Daddy, Captain America, and Bob the Builder; Corban (6 months) cherishes Mommy and cuddles. |
 |
| My Christmas card wall. This has given me so much joy. I love sending out Christmas cards and getting letters in return. Since I don't have a house, I can't display these cards in my kitchen, but this felt like a great alternative. I love seeing all these people I love, who I want to have so much happiness. | | | |
|
|
|
So there we have it! I'm just thankful. I'm reflecting on goals I have set in the past and thinking about goals I want to set this year. Hmmm. . . .
First, reflecting on 2016 Goals:
1) Spiritual: finish New Testament (yes), read Conference talks before each conference (yes), read Book of Mormon (yes)
2) Physical: limit sugar and white bread, and work to return to 135 by the end of the year (I did work on those things, and i didn't reach the weight goal by the end of the year)
3) Mental: write and submit 5 pieces for publication (I submitted 2)
4) Couple Goal: 2 get-aways, date every week, and two books together. (I can't remember! We had a great get-away in March after taking the kids to the Provo City Center Temple Open House. We worked to have a date night each week. We may have met our reading goal, but we can do better.)
5) Family: update blog (I did!) Go on one fun family trip (We did! Island Park, Little America, and the move to Utah all stand out.)
So. . . moving toward goals for 2017:
1) Spiritual: Stay on track with Conference talks, pray kneeling morning and night
2) Physical: 5k, 10k, half marathon, back to pre-pregnancy weight
3) Mental: Submit ten small pieces for publication and start novel!
4) Couple: to be determined
5) Family: to be determined
1 comment:
Nice update! When do you find out where you'll be going next?
Post a Comment