We are officially relinquishing our hold on our home in Pocatello on Tuesday morning. We'll go pick up our lawn mower at the house, give a gift card to our neighbor who has been mowing our yard for us for more than a month, and deal with closing paperwork that day. I have mixed emotions. Here they are, Fiddler on the Roof Tevia style:
On one hand, we were fervently praying to sell our home. That prayer has been answered, and we were able to do it without a realtor, which saved us so much money.
On the other hand, we won't break even; we'll have paid more than $2,000 to sell the home (paying the buyer's closing costs, helping with repairs, paying the mortgage this month, etc.).
On the other hand, it could be way worse. Some people have to pay double mortgages for half a year or more. We won't have to deal with scary or terrible renters, nor will we have to worry about buying a new fridge, fixing the roof, putting in sliding vinyl doors to the backyard, etc. We can walk away without any horrible, unbearable burdens.
On the other hand, our house is worth more than we are selling it for. I love our house. It makes me smile every time I go there.
On the other hand, we are chipping away at our debt! I need to add a wahoo here. After Tuesday, we will only have one mortgage and one student loan. Our burdens will be lighter.
So at the end of the day, the blue beats the red. All is well.
2 comments:
Yay I'm glad that's off your plate
Woo! Party time!
Post a Comment