After 10 moves in our eight years of marriage, detailed below:
1) Wyview apartment in Provo, Utah for one year
2) Aggie Village in Logan, Utah for one year
3) Copperfield Apartments in Morgantown, WV for nine months
4) a three month stint in Highland, Utah (for Doug's first internship)
5) back to Copperfield apartments in WV for 9 months
*Then we thought we were moving into a townhome in West Virginia, so Doug packed all our things and moved them to the townhome to sit over the summer. . .
6) Then we stayed in Rhea Davis's house for Doug's second internship in Idaho Falls, ID, 3 months
* Then Doug found out he was accepted to BYU law school for his third year, so he packed up all our things from the townhome in WV and drove our stuff across the country to. . .
7) our basement apartment in Orem, Utah, for one year
8) Then we moved to buy our first home on Saratoga, in Pocatello, ID, for Doug's clerkship with Judge Dunn. We got to live there for two whole years.
9) Then we moved to rent our townhome on Robison Drive because Doug had become a prosecutor for Bonneville County. We got to live there for 15 months, before we were asked to leave because our landlords declared bankruptcy (and do you think we'll ever get our deposit back? So unlikely. . . )
10) and now we're here on Rulon Circle! I hope we get to stay here for a
long time! I took pictures of my house tonight because it wasn't too
messy. Also, if I wait to post pictures until everything looks "perfect"
(with pictures up and matching furniture), odds are against me ever
posting pictures. I'll have to do outdoor shots another day. So, behold:).
 |
| This is your view when you open the front door. |
 |
| Our unmatched stockings--making matching stockings for my family will be a labor of love for another year. |
 |
| This is our living room, which you can see when you walk forward two feet from the door. I love our new couches! Thank you for the 20% off discount, Big Lots! It pays to have your card! And it pays to follow up on "buzz card" rewards, because I ended up getting my furniture for 20%, and I also have another 20% coupon for master bedroom furniture, if Doug and I decide to buy it. |
 |
| And this is looking at the front door from the living room. I love our picture of the Savior, and the light is aimed right on it. Doug risked life and limp to hang that picture last night. Also, admire the new and expensive paint in the living room. |
 |
| view from the living room to the kitchen. I love the red. It was done by the same painter who did our living room and basement. |
 |
| Another view of the kitchen. I like the poinsettia Doug got us on the first day we moved in! |
 |
| Notice how kid-covered the fridge is. And here is our new fish tank (a birthday gift from Grandma Sheide, with our four new fishies named Zebra, Molly, Risa, and Suckerlog:)) |
 |
| a closer view. I see Molly on the far right and Risa on top. |
 |
| Our room. We need to hang pictures, and I need to decide whether I really want a pretty bedroom set or not. My problem is that I like my dresser, and I don't know how much I could get for it on Craigslist. We'll probably hold off on pretty bedroom furniture, although it is tempting to get it to capitalize on the discount. . . |
 |
| Our boathroom--it's hard to take pictures of small bathrooms. |
 |
| Our closet |
 |
| The main bathroom upstairs |
 |
| Brooklyn's room |
 |
| the other side of Brooklyn's room |
 |
| our study--the kids call it the "workshop." We may let that stick. |
 |
| garage, obviously |
 |
| the view going downstairs |
 |
| Isaac's room--note the picture he drew and taped to the wall--this room isn't newly painted:) |
 |
| this picture shows his pretty dresser and Lucy trying to get into the picture |
 |
| a "before" shot while we were emptying Lucy's bookshelf and dresser to put her new dresser and bookshelf into her room. |
 |
| here's the new bookshelf, and Brookie:) |
 |
| And a close-up of this precious daughter. A little girl who likes to help in the nursery told Doug that Brooklyn looks a LOT like him today:). |
 |
| Doug using his Christmas gift early. He got a great big box for his tools:). |
 |
| This is a cute alcove for the kids. It has a picture window and Disney picture--bad picture. |
 |
| downstairs bathroom |
 |
| laundry room/storage closet |
 |
| Lucy's room with her new dresser. |
 |
| Lucy modelling her room in her quintessential "Lucy pose" |
 |
| Her beautiful bed! I spent a LONG time deciding on her bedding |
 |
| I forgot to do a picture of the family room downstairs, but here's a pretty corner of it, with a fireplace that's getting built for us right now. |
|
|
And that's it for now! Happy Sunday!
6 comments:
Yeah Tara and family! It looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it in person.
Everything looks so clean and tidy. We are still unpacking. I am much impressed.
How fun! I am so glad to see pictures of your new house. I would love to see some of the outside when you get a chance.
Yeah! Congrats on the beautiful home. I hope you are there for many years. Oh, and please come visit me sometime. Its been too long! :)
Very, very nice. What a beautiful home. Thank you for posting pictures...I love seeing homes! Hope you have many happy memories there.
It looks so nice!! Even though you said you are still getting things together, it looked so cozy and welcoming, especially with the glimpses of little people in some of the pictures! Thanks for posting these, I love getting a glimpse inside my friends' homes, it makes me almost feel like I just stopped by for a real visit.
And I am so glad to meet someone else that has moved almost every year that they have been married besides us. I was starting to think I should just tell people we were in the military so they wouldn't look at us like we were crazy.
Post a Comment