Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Joys of Moving, and Cleaning Questions

We still really are moving--this Saturday! At our new home:
1) I've vacuumed and edged the carpet
2) had the carpet professionally cleaned
3)  the main family room in the basement is painted
4) the upstairs main family room is getting painted right now by our friend and painter extraordinaire, Ken
5) I've swept and mopped the kitchen and scrubbed surfaces in there
6) I've scrubbed every (incredibly disgusting) windowsill. I never thought about how much dirt could accumulate in the window sill of a basement window well. Does anyone know what to do about hard water stains on basement windows? I love sunlight!
7) I scrubbed every bathroom (including some intense pumice stone work in the toilets). Does anyone know how to whited the floors of bath tubs? That's not my forte.
8) Doug has bleached our garage, and moved some garage "stuff" into the garage
9) I've put bathroom decor into each bathroom, and been reminded that my bathroom decor isn't that great. It looks shabby, faded, and most of it is only a little over a year old. Oh well. . .
10) Today, I'm hoping to bring a lot of kitchen things into the house, and then set up our study with Doug later tonight.

In other news, Brooklyn has broken my $200 glasses, so one side digs into the back of my ear. Also, Thanksgiving was incredible in Utah. I got to go on a date with Doug to see Jimmer Freddett and the Kings play the Jazz, and I got to play fun games with family (I'm loving Ticket to Ride, and Whist and Scattergories were fun too!), and be with Sheides for Thanksgiving dinner, and spend special time in the temple with my family, and do fun black Friday shopping (It's fun for me because I go at 11 am, rather than 4 in the morning:)). Aside from my worry that we'll spend too much money during the process of this move, I feel great. I'm anxious to rebuild our savings.

And I'm working on Personal Progress as a Young Women's leader--it has been really wonderful! I'm working on family history, finishing the Book of Mormon, and tutoring right now, along with other faster projects, and this is all exactly what I want to be doing (along with finishing Don Quixote at some point, raising my family, etc.).

So that's it for me. I hope your day is relaxing and fun!


3 comments:

Jenn said...

good luck with the moving stuff, it really is lame to move, but having a bigger house has got to be a plus! also, moving always does cost more than you think it will, that is so true. hope you get moved in and all settled soon!

Jenn said...

p.s. i just saw this posted on pinterest right after reading your post so I am passing the link on to you about whiting the floors of a tub/shower: http://retrorenovation.com/2012/08/07/how-to-clean-fiberglass-shower-pan-to-look-like-newmy-best-product-find-yet/

Valerie said...

I hope the move went well today! I'm sad we didn't get to hook up while you were here in UT but hopefully you'll be back soon! Also, one of my favorite things about serving in yw was personal progress. I really grew to love it. Excited to see pictures of your new home!