Fridge Art:
There is something seriously wrong with me, and we'll call it fondness for my own creations. My kids create pictures all of the time, so I regularly cycle their pictures out (to the trash) so there is room for the newest creations on the fridge. But when I thought about taking my pictures off the fridge--I hesitated. And pulled out the camera to immortalize some of my best artwork to date. So behold our fridge, and fridge art that needed a new home in the trash can.
Can I just brag about how well I captured Brooklyn's chubbiness in the beach picture? Sure, I'm not an artist. But my brother is, and I like to think I sometimes have my moments. Also, we have never been to the beach, but you can tell I'm a dreamer.
To anyone feelings a touch of anxiety because it looks like my three-year-old is pointing to a Y she drew--she let me know this was not a Y. Somehow, it is linked to Winnie the Pooh.

I am proud of my family picture here as well. This was before I chopped Lucy's hair off. . .and had to take her to "Great Clips" the next days to fix my mess.. Again, Brooklyn's chubbiness is well-captured. I also like that Isaac put the family "elephant seal" into the picture.

Behold, our fridge, and Isaac impersonating the aliens he just drew for the fridge this morning.

And last but not least, a fondly remembered moment from the Phoenix zoo, wherein Isaac saw rattlesnakes eating mice.
And chopping hair:
I don't profess to know all of my weaknesses, let alone grasp how insurmountable some of them are. But I am pretty sure I shouldn't cut my daughters' hair. Behold Lucy and Brooklyn:)

Lucy had to hold this pose for about 10 seconds while my "new" camera thought about taking the picture. She held it like a champ.

I do love this picture of Brooklyn, despite the wind-blown unfortunate hair. I love this girl!

Blue eyes, scary hair. Isaac's comment when he saw her haircut the first time was, "I still love you, Brooklyn, even though you look like a boy." Doug expressed a similar sentiment when he saw her for the first time after the cut. I like to think it will all grown in evenly, finally, so we can stop with the party in the front and the sorrow in the back.

And I also get to report that I am almost caught-up on organizing my home, car, and work after a weekend trip to Utah. It was so fast, and so good. The weather was perfect for early March (sunny, upper 50s-low 60s) and poor Brooklyn got a sunburn from all the stroller riding/bike riding outings we did. I loved getting to see my family, and while i don't like the 4-5 hour drive, I am pleased to report that I, Tara Bowen, took my three children five and under to Maddox's, a sit-down restaurant I love, and we feasted half way through our trip to Utah. And the kids weren't terrible there. They were terrible at church on
Sunday, even with my mom, dad, and Tanner to help. The low-light of that experience occurred when Isaac started hammering the pew from below it, freaking out everyone around him.
I'm happy to be back with my husband again, and I look forward to our upcoming adventures, including having Matt and Jessica stay with us over Easter weekend, and then a Saint George trip with Sheides right after that! Does anyone have an opinion on bike rides with family? We're thinking about getting mountain bikes and a trailer, and we're wondering if anyone loves it enough for this to be a good investment?
2 comments:
Poor baby. ;) At least hair grows back. ;)
I just cut Jonah's hair. It didn't go well. Glad I'm not alone. She's still adorable.
Post a Comment