Wednesday, December 14, 2011

So How Insane Would it Be to Move 200 Yards Away?

Pretty crazy. But we're thinking about it. Our friends are moving out of their townhome and they pay $200 less in rent than we do--for a place that is only a little smaller. Not $200 smaller. So we may commit some insanity and move in January. So crazy. But possibly prudent. I'd prefer to move in March or something a little farther off...

3 comments:

BexxT said...

oh man, I'd do it to save $200 a month if I was on a pretty strict budget. Hassle? Yes. Short lived? Definitely.

Heck, you could walk the stuff down. Or move like we do:

Buy 8 big rubbermaid containers. Fill rubbermaids. Move to house. Empty rubbermaids in the room they go in. Drive back to first house. Refill rubbermaids. Repeat over the course of 7 days in spare time until all "don't need to have to survive" stuff is out of the house. Rent Uhaul when everything else is out of the house. Move furniture in one go.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

You're right, Bekah. I'm just dying over that whole "spare time" thing, and the fact that we'll have to put a lot of stuff in storage, or have one of our cars parked outside in the snow.

jessica said...

Our move across the street was our best one yet. I would do it to save money. I do agree that a warmer time of year would be nicer. If you want help we are of course willing to come and keep children entertained or pack or move or whatever. Let us know - also find out how the landlords are to work with. Do they care about mice and other not so great problems?

Congrats on the new job opportunity. You will be fantastic!