Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Dad Came

I'm having warm, fuzzy feelings today because my dad and brother dropped by on their way home from Minnesota. I had been "strongly" inviting my dad to come here for quite a while, and I love that he came. He got to meet his new grand-daughter, and announced, like I thought he would, that she looks just like me as a baby. Yes, friends. She, who my friends and family have said looks 100% like Doug's side of the family, is baby Tara to my dad.

My cup runneth over.

Things feel better. I had a great talk with Doug about our current circumstances, and it's amazing how great a good talk can make me feel. And I bowed out of the trip to Sun Valley, which actually makes me feel like I'm getting a little break from chaos. I graded all of the papers I needed to grade last week, and this week is the last week of class.

Then, I get a break from teaching until September. The break honestly couldn't have come at a better time.

I want to enjoy the rest of my summer, and I hope there is laughter, tanning, splashing, and happiness in store during July and August. I also hope we can move so Doug gets a break from his grueling schedule. Here's to a great rest of the summer!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Yea, I'm glad that you got to see your dad and he helped to lift your spirits. I was happy to hear about the offer on your house. I hope that it works out for you whatever will be best. We are praying for you. I loved the fun glimpses from the cabin. We sure enjoyed being with you!

The Qian Family said...

Hope you have a wonderful summer! You deserve it!