We got Brooklyn one week ago, and we're doing really well! We're actually having fun, which I didn't really expect. We've already learned a few of Brooklyn's likes and dislikes.
She likes:
being held by her mommy
eating
being bathed
sleeping in bed with me
the front-pack
the sound of the washing machine and the fan
She sometimes likes:
being swaddled (with at least one arm free)
being free of all wrappings
her paci
not having a paci in her mouth
lying in her pack-n-play
lying in her bassinet
playing with her brother and sister
car rides
She doesn't usually like:
her swing
having me turn out the lights when I want her to get sleepy
being strapped into her car seat, and having to just sit there
She really doesn't like:
having her diaper changed (and I swear I'm changing diapers 20 times a day!)
having her clothes changed
being put down on her back when fussy so I can go get something done quickly
I love her so much! I took my two oldest to a sacrament meeting at 1:30 today, and felt the spirit so beautifully as we sang "Upon the Cross of Cavalry." I'm so grateful to the Savior for the gift of the atonement, and for my hope of eternal life forever with my family. I'm so thankful for Brooklyn, for her amazing facial expressions, for her cute dimples (on both cheeks, like Doug), for all of the cuddling we get to do, and for everything else that is good that has come from having her here.
Isaac and Lucy have shown their monstrous sides very impressively in the last week--they made my mom and sister just look at each other, going , "Wow." They unleashed their naughty sides. But I think they've acted a lot better in the past few days.
I like knowing that I'm in the challenging time now--not just dreading the hard time, like I was before I had Brooklyn. Now that the hard time is here, I'm blown away by the tender mercies that are here as well.
I'll wrap this up by saying we've cleaned our house twice this week so it could be shown. I don't think anyone should have to do that during the first week after having a kid. I pray that our house will sell soon so we can stop showing it and get rid of Doug's 1 1/2 hour commute every day.
6 comments:
Love, love, love reading about your cute family, and seeing pictures of your beautiful kids! How can you ever get mad at those two kids when they flash you those huge cheese smiles??? I feel sorry for you and any discipline efforts that may have been spoiled by their absolute cuteness. And kudos to Doug for making German Pancakes. A favorite at the Smith house! Have you tried nutella and whipped cream on the top? I think at that point it stops being breakfast and starts being dessert. Either way, it's worth eating at any time of day. Congrats again, Tara!
I can't believe you're on top of things enough to clean your house and post! Seriously impressive! And glad to hear that three hasn't been too overwhelming for you. Love you and can't wait to see you next month!
I am so happy to hear you are doing well and that things are easier than you expected. I agree...sometimes you just want to dig in with the hard part instead of just anticipating it. I know the hardest time of my life is just a few weeks away, and part of me is just ready to do it.
By the way, I thought you might like this song, since it talks about Brooklyn...check it out sometime on iTunes. One of my favorite songs: I and Love and You by the Avett Brothers. :)
Looks like you are hanging in so far! It's been a bit of a bumpy road for us, but not as bad as I was anticipating! My kiddos DEFINITELY went through the AWFUL MONSTER stage - I'd never seen so many temper tantrums in my life! But it didn't last long and things are much calmer now. Good luck with the house selling! And no, no woman should have to show her home 3 x's the week after giving birth! GAG! Hope it sells quickly! We'd love to have you live closer! :)
She is sooo beautiful! Im glad you are doing well. And can't wait to meet sweet little Brooklyn.
I'm finally catching up again, and what an amazing birth story! I loved reading it, but I could have hurt those nurses for you! So glad Brooklyn got here for you early, but SUPER not cool about having to clean your house twice for showings. I really hope it gets sold soon because of the commute, but hoping you get lots of help if you do sell because moving with a tiny baby is tricky too (been there, done that, never again!) you're in my prayers you super mom you!
Post a Comment