I have never posted the word "sex" in a heading, and felt that it was time, in honor of the fabulous desserts I made for Mother's Day. I made "better than sex" cake and a cheesecake with fresh strawberries on top; the better than sex cake was way better than the cheesecake. I'm glad I made them. And I'm happy with my header, because I have a private blog:). Forgive how the pictures are all out of order.
I just wanted to post a few pictures and anecdotes to mark what we're up to here and now.
I'm 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and almost all of my normal shirts don't fit over my belly anymore. I have to pull them down a lot, and Lucy and the children at Gold's Gym like touching my belly all of the time. I truthfully feel wonderful. I feel like 3 weeks is a perfect amount of time to go before I have this baby--I hope I won't get **edema (where you get massively swollen) and my pregnancy book says I shouldn't really gain any more weight at this point, but rather, the fluid surrounding the baby will start getting absorbed back into my body, making more room for the baby and not inconveniencing me at all. So this is a great place to be.
Doug has been immersing himself in the world of domestic violence, and likes to give me hypotheticals all the time that start with, "If you were on the jury, and...." I listen well, but I also remind him that I would side with him no matter what, based on his dimples. The man is just incredibly handsome, and he is good. Anyone who listens to him--and gets to look at him--is luckier than I am during the work week. Doug is shouting into the phone in the picture at the top of this post, because he's talking to his grandma, who is practically deaf.
Isaac and Lucy are at a fun stage. Isaac understands consequences really well now, so he knows that he will be punished if he doesn't eat the prescribed amount of food on his plate every day. The threats invoked are his worst nightmares--that he won't be able to sleep with animals in his bed, or he won't get a bedtime story. Isaac also loves music. Doug made a CD for me for Mother's Day that has the Tangled song "I See the Light," and Isaac dropped his toys in the living room when he heard it, and solemnly sat down on the carpet in the kitchen to listen to the song in its entirety. He loves music and so does Lucy.
When Isaac went to the kitchen to listen to the song, Lucy ran over to her room to put on her Rapunzel dress...then she hurried over to the kitchen to dance to the song. She loves dancing with me, being held, and likes working on her colors in "school" with me.
School is working out with the kids at home. I start by reading Lucy her color book, and then find other activities to distract her while I work with Isaac on his workbook and sight words.
I've also been thankful for Gold's Gym--it gives me a chance to read my "Wheel of Time" books, work out, have a little break from my children, and have some "me" time.
I'm also loving reading 'Twilight" with my husband every night! We bought the book on our heavenly getaway a few weeks ago, and it has been fun to read together. Now I'll go hang out with him...
4 comments:
Thanks for updating me (okay, maybe its not just for me but I can pretend it is) on your life! Three weeks-- holy cow woman! You are almost there. I love your positive attitude. I feel like so many people bail on the positive attitude in the last few weeks. Glad you are getting sometime to yourself and a little time with your husband. Those things make a world of difference! Love you!
I'm glad you're not getting an "enema," too.
It's edema, I think. An "enema" is a whole other matter....... lol
You know what--I read what I wrote and thought, "I'm wrong. And I know what an enema is... but what is the word I'm looking for?" Bless you for the reminder. I'm glad I'm not getting either of those.
I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left, has it already been that long. Good luck with the "final countdown" Ya I know I just got that song stuck in your head, lol.
Post a Comment