Thursday, October 28, 2010

Princess Lu-Lu turned 2!






What has Lucy been singing to herself for the past several weeks? "Happy Birthday to Me!," the ABC song, the Barney song, the Sunbeam song, "Follow the Prophet," and Lemondrops and Raindrops. She made sure several of us sang "Happy Birthday" to her today (as always) but today, it was true. She turned 2!

Lucy woke up and got presents on my bed ten minutes later (because Doug couldn't wait), and spent the rest of the day playing with them at home because she is Lucy. And so she naturally has a raunchy cold for her birthday. She didn't feel bad though--her voice was high and congested, but she didn't have a racking cough, thank goodness.

Lucy peddled back and forth on her new little bike, and pushed a doll in her new stroller for most of the day.

But her favorite part of the day was eating her cupcakes (blue and pink frosting, per her request) and "helping" us carve pumpkins.

I took lots of video footage today, but no actual pictures. So memory lane has to suffice.

Here's my love letter to Lucy:

Dear Lucy,
I love you so much, sweetie. You're such a good girl, and I love how you love hugs and kisses, and rotating around our dinner table to sit on our laps. (You decided you were too grown up for the high chair months ago.) It feels like you've been "2" for years. You speak so well, defend yourself so effectively, love talking on the phone, sing so loudly, imitate your brother's behavior so exactly, jump so high, and gravitate toward music like the rest of us. You're becoming a big girl. You've even sat on the potty a few times, and you've felt very grown-up each time. Even though you don't look like me in any way (except that we both have brown hair), you are so completely my daughter. I've loved you forever. You, Daddy, and Isaac are the most special gifts I've ever been given, and I love that you're mine. Did you know I knew your name was Lucy before I had you? A year before I had you, actually. I just knew you were coming into our family and I knew your name. I love you, precious girl. I'm so sorry that you are sick so often, and I'll do everything in my power to help you get healthy.
Love you,
Mommy

6 comments:

lindsay said...

Very sweet. Wish I could get to know your kids and we could hang out all the time!

Jenn said...

I can't believe she is two. I don't know why I can't believe it except that I think I started reading your blog right before she was born and that seems like only a few months ago. She is so beautiful and it is sad to have a little one that is chronically sick, but I love how proactive and loving you are with her and all that she has to go through. Happy Birthday Lucy!

jessica said...

Fun trip down the memory lane of photos for Lucy and what a sweet letter. We love little Lucy. Happy Birthday!

Jewel-e said...

So cute! I can't believe she's two already! Hope she had a great birthday :) And happy birthday to Issac too! Gotta love "birthweek"!

McArthur Family said...

what a sweet letter to your little girl. She'll be so thankful later in life when she gets to read what she was like at this age.

Natalie said...

I can't believe she is two too!!