Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Little Princess Turned One

Really, can you look at Lucy's picture at the top of my blog and not melt? I've been frustrated with my camera's lameness, and I've mentally scheduled an appointment with a new camera and photography lessons when our "canoe comes in," as Mary Gifford would say. This is one of about 20 pictures I took of the kids on Isaac's birthday and this is definitely the winner.



By the way, you know how kids tend to get bruises and goose-eggs right before big events? So the other day, I was thinking of how nice it would be to have my mom take pictures of my family on Halloween. To make those Halloween pictures better, Isaac kicked me in the face a couple days ago and left a dark purple-black mark beside my left eye that looks like I smeared my mascara. I'm grateful that the kick wasn't intentional, but it was in the middle of a tantrum, so he's not off scott-free.



And then today at Lucy's doctor visit, Isaac tripped on the scale and fell on the corner of a chair. So he has a huge goose-egg on his forehead. The goose-egg would actually be hidden IF I hadn't just buzzed his hair last night. Bummer. So look for those pictures--they'll be lovely. Back to Lucy:



My one-year-old weighs 23.1 pounds (about 80%), and she's in the 95% for height. Everything looks great and she's right on track developmentally, even without being a walker yet. She holds our hands and walks but just lunges toward us and falls when we let go of her hands.



Lucy knows how to go up and down stairs herself, she can eat from a spoon, drink from her sippy, identify her family members, say "Mama," "Daddy," "na!" (food) and "Jesus," and she loves peek-a-boo and reading stories in our laps. She's a great pointer, she knows how to wave , she loves her older brother and cracks up when he gets in her face. She doesn't like it when he takes her toys away, but she's usually okay with the other toys he offers as replacements for the toys he has stolen from her. She eats an entire banana every morning and thinks she is starving at all times. She stands up to poop, just like her brother, and she starts panting excitedly and crawls at turbo-speed when we forget to put the gate up by the stairs or if we leave the bathroom door open. Her greatest delight in life is splashing in the toilet.



She goes by "Lu-lu," "Lucy-loo," "My little Pretty-pretty," "G-ba, G-ba," "Lucy Goose," "Lucy Loo-hoo," "Princess" and all of Isaac's nicknames when I get confused (like "Boo" and "Lamb"). Having two kids can be tough, but Lucy can pat herself on the back because she's not the hard one. I love my precious little sweetheart.

4 comments:

sarahflib said...

Happy birthday to Lucy! She's adorable.

jessica said...

Yea for Lucy turning 1! She is darling and I love the Halloween costumes even if Doug wasn't so keen on Isaac's choice. Love you guys!

Catherina said...

Has is already been a year!!!! Wow, that went fast! She is so very darling:-) Happy Birthday little one! :-)
cat

Jewel-e said...

Happy bday to Lucy! Wow, can you believe how much faster the second one seems to grow up?! She is just as cute as can be! The pics are darling!