Sunday, July 28, 2019

January 2019

What a perfect way to enjoy the first day of 2019. We went on a group hike at Priest's Point Park. So beautiful.



Then  Doug and I decided to sneak away to Arizona for a few days! We wanted lots of sunshine in our lives and we decided to go to Jenna and Brian's wedding. We left Audrey Olsen, a girl from our ward, in charge of the kiddos for three days.

We went to Darcee's neighborhood and hung out with her kids for a bit.

Then Darcee and Jeremy treated us to a birthday dinner at a super expensive place. It was fun but I was so uncomfortable about the prices. We had a funny experience with them giving us a dessert that wasn't very good and then bringing more of it out to us until we were sick of it.

So great to see a temple wedding on my birthday and be with some of my favorite people! My mom, Doug, and I stayed at Kayla's condo



I felt so happy about getting to run in shorts and a t-shirt that day.

And I got these awesome birthday socks from my mom.

Flying back to Seattle was pretty depressing. We descended below maybe a hundred feet of clouds before we could even see this view. It was crazy to see how far away we were from the blue sky.

When we got home, we were asked to sing in church. I thought it would be pretty special to have us sing Widow's Mite. I worked on the lyrics a little bit to make them scripturally accurate.

Isaac created this beautiful masterpiece for his Egypt assignment. The teacher liked it so much that she saved it as a sample for future students.

Isaac joined a low key swim team that was perfect for him.

Doug, the fearless scout master, took Isaac on a scouting trip in the pouring rain in January.

The kiddies huddled around Doug and his phone. This is pretty common.

For Doug's birthday, he decided to ask Clayton "for Arizona." He just said that he had wanted to transfer for a while and was still interested. This is the text thread he had going with Clayton.

The darling little preschoolers counting.

And Brookie won an award at her school. Great way to end the month.

No comments: