This has been a tougher week. Doug went on a fishing trip with Jeremy on Monday morning so early. . . only to be informed while they were on the boat that annual surveyors were in his building! He had the guide turn them around, and Doug sped to his building, where he has basically lived for a week. Jeremy cancelled his return flight, did the fishing tour for the rest of the day, and then helped Doug in his building for the next two days. He sent an incredibly kind email to his partners in AZ and to head honchos in the company about Doug's ability to only get two small tags for maintenance, as opposed to the 34 he got last year. It was really wonderful. We were so thankful for Jeremy for extending his stay, and for Darcee for watching her kids alone while he was gone for longer than anticipated.
Surveyors haven't left yet, so the situation is still stressful. Doug has decided to start learning the piano, which sounds like a good outlet for a stressed man:). He can' drive with me to the wedding unless surveyors leave on Monday, which we can't count on. So I'm planning to take the kids on Tuesday. Conference was wonderful this weekend!
 |
| I love that Teya does the "superman" like Rex does. They spread their legs and look like they are flying. |
 |
| I wanted to get all these treats for Doug and Jeremy as they were doing survey, but they kept not eating the treats so I did. They were amazing. I took a cheat day on Tuesday, and I've been longing for treats ever since. |
 |
| This is the cute littles in their superman shirts that Laurie got for them (she also got shirts for the other kids! so sweet!), but anyway, this is the littles watching the big kids do a six-week hip hop class. The kids have all had fun learning a few dance moves. I think they could all be great at dance. |
 |
| This is Doug and Rey after they found out they only got two tags for environmental life safety. So cute! |
 |
| Another of Brooklyn's rainy practices enjoyed from the car. The double rainbow was nice. |
 |
| Lucy's activity days leaders are incredible. She got this project to work on, plus a rag doll, plus she got to dress up like an ancestor and tell the ancestor's story. She dressed up like Marjorie Stewart and told her story of going into flames to rescue her children. |
 |
| A deeply happy and warm Isaac after our Friday Domino's pizza pick-up. This has been a fun tradition. |
 |
| I'm not sure if I want to pay this much for Isaac to be a rock climbing member. I'll talk with Doug. |
 |
| This is the kind of stuff Doug deals with. One nurse is pretty sure she is getting fired, and this is how she's handling it. She denied doing anything wrong. |
 |
| All the kids partying in the tent during Conference. |
 |
| Lucy dressed up to go to Women's Conference with me. It was historic--the first women's conference during General Conference, and it was lovely. I somehow need to read the whole book of Mormon by the end of the year! |
No comments:
Post a Comment