Sunday, December 14, 2014

May Fun

I like reviewing my year this way, even if it is time consuming. I am encouraged to see that my girls were not wearing winter coats at the start of May. This was taken in one of our favorite parks, called Eagle's Nest. Lucy rode her bike and I pushed the jogging stroller, running, or rode my bike, pulling the bike trailed with Brooklyn and Cason in it.

And here's my happy youngest son with his Mohawk. . .

And my oldest son with his. Isaac begged to have a Mohawk and I said he could have it for two days. That was just enough time to go to church with a Mohawk and show the kids at school on Monday. Then I shaved off the Mohawk Monday night. It was totally worth it because he loved it.

Doug observed that it was the skinniest Mohawk on the planet. Doesn't matter because it looked cool, and I created it!

I followed Brooklyn around one Sunday taking pictures of her because she looked so pretty. My camera was blurry and she wouldn't smile. My camera finally behaved itself for this picture of her seeing how Doug was doing in the shower.

Shauna and Marsh got these cute jammies for Cason with a mustache on them. It cracked me up. He grew out of them way too fast!

This was Cason's reaction to his first run in the stroller with Mom. He wasn't always perfect for my runs during the spring and summer, but he wasn't bad. I usually didn't want to run longer than 25-30 minutes. It just isn't fun with a running stroller.

May 22nd, Brooklyn's birthday! We went to Zurchers for her to pick two balloons of her choice and then went to the play place in the mall, where she played on the ladybug forever. It was a great birthday, even though that giraffe bit the dust hours later when he was caught in our ceiling fan.

This is also at our favorite park. Brooklyn had speech class for half a year with an incredible woman named Brook, and one of their activities was to work on blowing bubbles to make that shape with her mouth. I texted Brook this picture of Brooklyn blowing bubbles. Also, she was wearing her new clothes she got for her birthday and dearly loves. Brooklyn had to graduate from speech when she turned 3, but I think I will have her tested again in the spring to see if she needs the next stage of speech therapy. She still says "downfairs" for "downstairs" and "skool" for "stool". She always gets better and better, but she needs more practice with consonant clusters.

A typical Lucy move--shove blakets up her shirt and strut around. The three oldest do that every once in a while.

At the end of May, Doug flew to Arizona to celebrate his brother Jeremy's graduation from law school, passing the bar, and having his second child, McKelle. She is beautiful, and I finally get to meet her in one week. She is like Lucy in that she has way more hair than she should have for her age, and always has.
This was Doug with the brothers during that Arizona weekend.

Grandma and Grnadpa Peters were in town for Lucy's preschool graduation, so they came to show their support.

Lucy with her preschool teacher, Miss Rebekah--one of my dear friends in the ward. Brooklyn is signed up to take preschool with her next Fall. Happy May memories!



No comments: