Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Great Swap in Pictures

The ultimate goal was to have a room for the baby. So we needed stuff out of the study, and we needed Isaac's headboard as part of the baby's crib. Here's the great swap:


Here's what was destined to be the baby room. It has two computer desks and a bookshelf.

Here's Isaac's room with the new bedding, but with the headboard still there. We got a new headboard/bookshelf for him (which I didn't take a picture of) but the headboard matches his new dresser and bookshelf well. Room complete!

This is our bedroom, which now has two computer desks side by side, with a printer between them. It's functional, if not ideal.

Brooklyn inherited the bookshelf from the study, so we put her recliner beside her bed. . .

and it looks cozy and cute. . .

and there's her new bookshelf. She loves selecting her books before naps and bedtime. Before, I had to lift her up to see her books on the shelf in her closet. This is better. Room complete!

And here's a view of the baby's room!

He has a cute pirate animal crib. . .

and a swing, and fun paintings and soft pictures, and a dresser, and blinds, and a curtain rod, and a valence to cover the pretty sunrise window above the main window. . .

and a recliner from  our basement and a lamp from our bedroom. . .

and my super awesome pirate map, which my mom gave me nine months ago when I ran my marathon. I don't know if you can see the map very well if you click on the picture, but it has my marathon time on it, the fact that I got first place in my division, and some kind words from the family members who came to support me, all on a pirate-y map of the marathon course.

This is the recliner that got put in the baby's room. Here are a few more things to remember from the last few days: On Tuesday, I had a full night planned. I had a primary presidency meeting, followed immediately by a visiting teaching appointment. That meant Doug go the kids from 7 until their bedtime. I came home a little after 10, and Doug told me to go look at the baby room. He had hung the pictures exactly like I had told him I wanted them, put up the valence, curtain rod and curtains, unboxed the heater and put it by the baby's crib, and somehow moved that heavy recliner into the baby's room. It was such a welcome, wonderful sight! Also, yesterday, our garbage disposal broke, and there was gross water on both sides of the kitchen sink. I imagined hours of Youtube videos, Doug tinkering, and ultimately calling someone for an expensive house call to fix the disposal. My tender mercy from the Lord came as I was prepping dinner. All of a sudden, the water just drained away, and the disposal magically worked again! I was so, so thankful. I even wrote about it in my journal so Heavenly Father would know I was grateful:). Things are going really well. I have 17 days to go until my delivery date, and I definitely have my baby on my mind.






No comments: