Monday, September 17, 2012

Just When I Was Feeling So Sorry for Those of You Who Were Moving. . .

We found out last night that our landlord is in the process of declaring bankruptcy, which means we need to find a new home. Darn it!

I'm not one of those people to calmly accept this, and then just occasionally sift through house postings. No, no. Doug and I stayed up for several hours, unable to fall asleep because our minds wouldn't shut down. I went through the ward boundaries today and looked for rentals and homes for sale, and made a whole bunch of phone calls. Doug spoke with a loan officer we like, and we'll find out what we can afford to buy (if we want to buy). There are just no rentals in our ward right now. I don't want to move out of this ward, but how do we stay. .?

We went to look at our friends' home tonight, because they are hoping to move to a house two doors down. They'll hold off a few days from getting a realtor so we can see how much we can afford, and if we want to buy their home.

So frustrating. We were already looking around a little, but we were dipping our toes in the water. Now we're dumped right in. I do feel like I was inspired to only teach one class this semester, because now I'll be dealing with moving this semester.

In other news, Lucy gave a great talk in primary on Sunday all by herself. She surprised me with her ability to memorize, and I loved getting to teach her about the gospel all week long. Isaac knew the talk cold:).

And I signed Isaac and Lucy up for swim lessons! They'll start in a few weeks, and I'm excited to see them learn. I'm also excited that I saved $20 on lessons because I work at the gym where the lessons are offered.

Isaac's loving kindergarten, and he comes home joyful. School is going well for me too. We're getting into a routine that is pretty stress-free, and I love that Idaho Falls has delivered the three-months-of-good-weather promise. Sure, I want year-round great weather, but at least I am not shaking my fists and freezing at this point.

Back to work, but feel free to feel sorry for me!

4 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

Oh Tara! That is a complete bummer. We have eight months before we move, and I am already getting anxious about it. I am sure your stress is much worse!

But on to exciting new living spaces, right?

I love your real commentary on life, by the way. It is so fun to read!

Natalie said...

SO SORRY! Not fun!

Steven and Rylie said...

Well I hope things work out for you in the house hunting. We are moving wards, but I guess we get to meet more LDS families in Fernley. Plus I was in primary so I really didn't feel like I knew the ward that well. I am excited to move, stressed, but I do not like renting. We have not sold our house in Pocatello. We have a lease on it til next summer. So we are hoping the rent is paid and we plan on expanding that emergency fund. Just so you know getting a loan is much more complicated than a few years ago. They want documents for like 2 years. But interest rates are amazing. That is so fun Issac is liking Kindergarten. Well happy house hunting and hope you don't freeze this winter : )

Jenn said...

ah, I have heard of that happening to people renting, and I'm really hoping it won't happen to us, but you just never know! I am sorry, but I bet you that something will turn up. we didn't find our rental until we were already up here in a hotel. that was SUPER stressful. but it all worked out. it will work out for you too friend, i just know it.