Monday, July 19, 2010

If a Picture Says a Thousand Words...I'm Doomed to Less Effective Communication

Seriously, I am stunned at how few pictures I took during my week and a half of vacation.

I loved my vacation. I got to hang with the Bowens in Pocatello from Saturday-Monday, and then in Island Park from Wednesday-Saturday; then I got to hang with the Sheides from Sunday-Saturday.

Highlights from the trip: I loved:

1) the fireworks in Pocatello. We went through our backyard, over a ditch, and planted lawn chairs on the green behind my house. Perhaps the best moment of my entire vacation is when Derek, my brother-in-law, began prancing like William Wallace in "Braveheart," exhorting us to fight for our freedom during the fireworks display.

2) I loved running in Island Park. I look forward to those runs all year long. The stroller rides were delightful as well.

3) Oh, how I loved wake boarding, tubing, and being on the Hammond's boat. I still can't cross a wake to save my life, but it was thrilling to get to do water sports.

4) I loved romantic time with my husband. I think it's incredible to be surrounded by so many people and still melt over my wonderful spouse. I know family vacations can bring out the worst in people--this time, it just felt like a precious gift of time with my love, and with our loved ones.

5) I loved stroller rides and running in Minnesota. It is so green, lush , and HUMID there!

6) Really, there was just a lot to love: card-playing, games around the fire, testing out my knee-pads, listening to "I Walk Through the Garden" as I ran in Island Park, reading about the Prophet Joseph Smith, swimming across the lake, garage saling, fishing, watching my dad protect himself from waves with a big umbrella, going on the golf cart with my kids--t'was lovely.

Thank you, family, for making time for family vacations. I treasured my time with you.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

You forgot the highlight of Doug calling his broher-in-law a "whimmpy boy" while smacking him across the face :-). I sure had a blast with you in Minnesota and can't wait until our next trip!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Shauna, you're totally right! But wasn't it "Wussy boy?" You're right--that was one of those everyone-is-crying-laughing moments I will cherish forever:).

Shauna said...

Yep definitly "Wussy" :-) so much better too! Good call.