Saturday, July 3, 2010

Family Coming

Who doesn't know what it's like to prepare for family coming? There's dusting, and vacuuming, and taking out the trash, and sweeping, and mopping, and changing bedding, and cleaning out the laundry room, and storage room, and putting enough toilet paper in the bathrooms, and stuffing the fridge with everything that can possibly fit, and yardwork (Thank you, Doug), and changing lightbulbs (Thanks again, Doug). And there are kids to entertain, and scriptures to read, and a baptism to play at (Christine, those are my monthly gigs--aren't you proud?:)), and a great big long run (10 miles today--I'm running a half marathon in September), and my BYU-Idaho class, and looking longingly at my David Copperfield book--less than 100 pages to go!--and feeling relatively relaxed because...

our company isn't coming until 10:30 tonight.

And then we get to play! We're hosting Bowens for the 4th of July and then the rest of Doug's family is going up to the cabin in Island Park while Doug sadly stays behind to do his job for a few more days...then more playing in Island Park...and then we go to Minnesota! I'm not thrilled that our vacations are chunked together in the summer, but I look forward to them.

Right now, I'm grateful that my family is loving and healthy and happy.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Tara, I am calling you. I might be going to Island Park later this week. When exactly will you be there?