Thursday, August 20, 2009

Marshall, An Enormous Trip Coming Up, and a Guilty Brag-aloud

Curse blogger for making it hard for me to move pictures around! It wasn't hard to move them in Utah, but I seriously can't move my pictures now! Oh well, this is a picture of Lucy after three hours of driving. She decorated her body in strawberry fig newtons and goldfish and I didn't even know it until I got home. So gross to scrape off...and a little funny:).

















But Isaac, Lucy, and I had a compelling reason to driving to Utah on Tuesday. Marsh came home from his mission! We were so excited! Mom got all the grownups American flag shirts and got the kids all little black shirts to match. And we dressed Marshall up in one when he got off the plane. He looked dashing. We were just so proud of him and thrilled to have him back. He is a light and a delight.
Tomorrow morning, bright and early, Peanut, Breezy, River, Haven, Cabell, Isaac, Lucy, and I will be driving to Fergus Falls, Minnesota. It will be 20 hours in the "car of terror" with 5 children under the age of five. I'm excited! We look forward to hearing Marshall's missionary stories and hanging out as a family on Pebble lake. I checked the weather and it's not going to be ideal--too cold--but the kids will still be able to play in the water some of the time.
I'll conclude with my celebrating moment. No one should read it if reading about other peoples' successes gets them down. I have lost ten pounds since January! And 40 since October:). Sure, a kid had to come out of the womb for that to happen, but I've tried to eat better and I've worked out as usual. I know that any weight I lose can be found again, but I'm proud of myself for my healthier eating habits and the discipline I've used. I'm just a bottomless pit, and I don't typically stop eating just because I've had a plate full of food. Food is a complete pleasure for me and I love seconds and thirds and fourths. So cutting back a bit has been good for me. And it is nice not to worry about whether or not my clothes will fit after they go through the dryer.
So wish me luck on my journey. And I hope you have an awesome week!

9 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

Wahoo!! I'm so proud of you! Ten pounds is awesome. I'm glad you told us. That's a great accomplishment. I always debate whether or not I should say anything but there's not much that feels better than losing unwanted weight. Whenever I lose even 2 pounds I want to shout it from the rooftops. Keep up the great work. You're amazing. Maybe I could lose 10 pounds. I think I'll start with five.

PS My blog post was unintentionally misleading. Only Dustin is driving to New Jersey (right now actually). My sweet man is letting the girls and I fly out on Saturday rather than drive.

McArthur Family said...

Tara, that is amazing! I'm so impressed when people dedicate themselves to a goal and accomplish it. You've always looked fabulous in my book, but I'm happy you've met a goal.

jessica said...

Tara - congrats on the weight loss (not that you needed to lose any) you'll have to give me tips when we come up there. It's great to see Mashal home. The t-shirt idea was fun.

Chris Just said...

Yes, a picture of Marsh!!! Thank you! And great news on the success...I'm starting my own little similar journey. Olga's practically down to her original weight (gotta love that metabolism...I remember it...and I'll get it back!). As far as cutting back on amounts of food, when you just want to keep eating and eating, have you tried green veggi's to fill that hunger? Nice thing about them is you can eat and eat and eat them...you'll become full LONG before you've had too much of them. Just a tip from some of the things I'm trying. Anyways, haven't caught you since we received the quilt, thank you, thank you, thank you! That was SO cool. Will talk to you soon, enjoy MN!

fightingfour said...

Wow I didn't know your brother came home already. That is awesome. Have fun in Minn.

Valerie said...

Tara- I love you. You are so wonderful and thank you for calling me the other week. You made my day. And way to go on losing your baby weight! I still haven't lost all that I wanted to after Brendan but you've inspired me to get back on track!

alexandra said...

good job on the weight loss! it is no easy feat, though you would be gorgeous at any weight.

The Qian Family said...

Yeah! Thank you for sharing your success story! That is great :) It does require good old fashioned discipline and it is worth being proud of what you've accomplished! I'm still hovering, but I'm hopeful! Miss you, and I'm glad to be back in touch!

So Many M's said...

How fun is this. I love your blog. And BTW, I used to be able to move my pics around and now I can't, so I don't think it's Utah, I think its Blogger. Anyway, What a happy day that your bro is home. Good luck on your trip take care babe.
KT