Sunday, August 23, 2015

February: Love in the Air, Cason's Birthday, Brooklyn's Haircut








I am going to try to whip through the months quickly before school starts up again. In February, I was still blond and we didn't travel anywhere. Cason turned one and Brooklyn cut her own hair. I'll talk about that:

I had told Brooklyn to clean her room. I was just introducing her to that responsibility and she had been whiny and demanding when I began helping her clean that morning. So I told her she could do it herself and I went downstairs to fold laundry and clean the big kids' rooms. I don't usually clean Isaac or Lucy's rooms, bu their rooms begin looking sort of terrible without a little occasional TLC from me, so I worked while Cason napped, knowing Brooklyn was busy in her room--most likely playing with toys instead of cleaning.

However, Brooklyn snuck out of her room, grabbed her school scissors from a kitchen drawer, and began cutting her hair. I went up to the kitchen and saw a trail of hair leading from the kitchen counter to Brooklyn's closet. She was in there, leaning over her garbage can as she kept snipping. She looked awful!
Here's a sample of Lucy's lovely kindergarten work.


Isaac liked a series called Diary of a Wimpy Kid a lot, and began writing a bunch of comics and comic strips as he read those books. A new book just came out int he series which he wants to read.

In February, Cason was climbing stairs, which made us pretty nervous. He fell a lot.

And yay for Cason's 1-year-old birthday! You can see my mom in the background. She came to visit us and celebrate Cason's birthday with us. We had so much fun going to the pet store with him and having a party with him. He got a cool toy that spun balls around that Doug remembers playing with him, plus a moving and singing caterpillar.

Here he was smashing his cupcake in his mouth.

Our children love large stuffed animals, particularly monkeys.




Another Isaac picture.

No comments: